Roche du Mont via ferrata (Ornans, Doubs)
from 36 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Located in the village of Ornans, also known as Little Venice, in the Loue valley, the via ferrata of La Roche du Mont is composed of two parts.
The first one is accessible to beginners. It consists mainly in a long crossing with a magnificent view. Without major difficulty it allows a first experience of the activity because the presence of many escape routes allows to consider serenely the adventure. Metal rungs but also two monkey bridges and a beam allow you to complete the course, which requires you to be at least 1.5m tall to reach the rungs.
At the end of the first part, a slightly physical exit allows you to reach the top of the rock face and admire the view on Ornans and its valley before going back down by a hiking path.
It is also possible to continue the adventure in a second part. But be careful, it is a completely different level. Big muscles are required and there is no way out of this very steep route, to be reserved for the most experienced.
If you want to discover other itinéraries, I recommend its neighbor, the Beaumes du Verneau via ferrata in Nans-sous-Sainte-Anne, or, a little further, the "Echelles de la Mort" via ferrata in Charquemont.
- Meeting point in Ornans at the Visitation parking lot, about half an hour drive south of Besançon.
- 15 minute walk on a hiking trail to reach the start of the via.
- Equipment and 10 minutes briefing.
- About 1h15 to complete the first part of the via ferrata.
- 30 minutes walk back to the parking lot.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Technical safety equipment (helmet, harness, via ferrata lanyards, etc.).
The price does not include
- Transport to the activity site.
- Appropriate shoes and clothing.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking