Fossil hunting around Albiez in Maurienne (Savoie)
from 29 € / p. from 2 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
The hunt for fossils I propose here will help you identify the period to which the history of the landscape can be traced. It is an intrigue to be solved, and the beauty of the stones encountered is matched only by the beauty of the panoramas of the Maurienne valley.
The history of the earth is fabulous and grandiose. The periods of warming, glaciations and the associated geological curiosities of Albiez make this activity a discovery of the richness of the subsoil and all that is apparent.
The history of the relief and the reading of the landscapes allow us to understand the upheavals, the tectonic movements, the glacial erosion, the rain, the wind, the freezing, the thawing that the spaces where we live have undergone.
During this exciting half day, you will do a cultural walk, a little bit of walking and some travelling with your vehicle.
I also offer summer hikes around Albiez to observe marmots and ibexes, discover flowers and plants of the mountains, as well as gourmet walks along the cheese route (possibly including a visit to the heritage).
And for the more sporty, you can follow me to climb a 3000-meter peak in the Maurienne.
- Departure every Wednesday from the beginning of July to end of August in group outing from 2 to 12 people.
- Also available from the beginning of June to the end of the autumn holidays as a private outing for 1 to 6 people (price 280€).
- Meeting point: Place Opinel in Albiez-Montrond (postal code 73300), about an hour's drive from Chambéry or Albertville.
- Schedule: 9am to 12pm.
- Travel to two separate sites.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- All the information gathered over many years through training courses, constant research on the subject and hikes made throughout the year. The visual memory of the shape of the fossils helps a lot to find them.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting place in Albiez-Montrond.
- Travel to the sites where the activity takes place.
- Your personal equipment, hiking boots or sneakers.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- There are many possibilities depending on your wishes and habits.
- Do not hesitate to contact me for more information.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking