Flower and plant walk in Albiez, Maurienne
from 26 € / p. from 2 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
I propose an easy hike in the heart of the Maurienne valley to learn about mountain botany. From mountain pastures to forests, you'll be surprised by the variety of floral and herbaceous species.
In the south of Savoie, on the border with the Hautes-Alpes, Albiez is home to a concentration of flower and plant species not often found in the northern Alps.
The bright, luminous colors of mountain flowers attract us, and we'll find out why. Their exposure, the terrain they choose, whether in the shade or in full sun, etc. all these stories will be told to you to discover their particularities.
Flora and herbs are also sought-after delicacies, and are used to feed both domestic and wild animals, but some have found ways of protecting themselves and luring people away from them.
My passion for mountain flowers, plants and trees was passed on to me by my grandfathers, who used them on a daily basis. I'm constantly researching and studying the benefits of the plants and flowers, picking them, drying and preserving them for personal use in herbal teas, infusions or decoctions.
Bring your own hiking equipment, hiking boots or sneakers with crampons, warm, waterproof clothing and drinks.
It's also possible to book a private hike or an engagement at a date and time to suit you.
I also offer summer hikes around Albiez to observe the life of marmots and ibexes, hunting for fossils, as well as gourmet walks to discover the cheeses (possibly including a visit to the local heritage).
And for the more sporty, you can follow me to climb a 3000-meter peak in the Maurienne.
- Departure every Monday from early July to late August in group outing from 2 to 12 people.
- Meeting point: Place Opinel in Albiez-Montrond (73300), about an hour's drive from Chambéry or Albertville, or at a more convenient location depending on where you live.
- Schedule: 7am to 12pm or full-day private hike.
- Discovery of flowers and plants, principles of recognition, identification keys, medicinal use or simply use in everyday cooking or in herbal tea, herbal tea to be enjoyed during the walk.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Herbal tea tasting.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting place in Albiez-Montrond.
- Your personal equipment.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- There are many possibilities depending on your wishes and habits.
- Do not hesitate to contact me for more information.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking