Hiking and ibex watching in the Maurienne valley
from 69 € / p. from 4 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
I'm looking forward to meeting you in the Maurienne valley in Savoie to observe and photograph ibex.
After an approach hike of a few hours on a summit or towards a pass, you'll discover the ibexes feeding, moving or ruminating off the trails.
We'll have our picnic about fifteen meters from the ibexes as they go about their business.
The departure time is given as a guide only, and may be brought forward or delayed depending on the season.
Meet at Place Opinel in Albiez-Montrond (or at a convenient meeting point depending on where you're staying), then drive to the start of the hike.
Bring your hiking gear, picnic, drinks, warm clothes and a windbreaker for the day.
I also offer summer hikes around Albiez to observe the life of marmots, embark on a fossil hunt, learn about the mountain flowers and plants, as well as gourmet hikes along the cheese route (possibly including a visit to the heritage).
And for the more sporty, you can follow me to climb a 3000-meter peak in the Maurienne.
- Departure every Tuesday from the end of June to the beginning of September in group outing from 2 to 12 people.
- Also available during the same period as a private outing for 1 to 6 people (price 414€).
- Meeting point: Place Opinel in Albiez-Montrond (73300), about an hour's drive from Chambéry or Albertville.
- Schedule: 7am to 4.30pm.
- Tranfer by vehicle for about 45 minutes to reach the start of the hike.
- Bring your own equipment: hiking boots, warm jacket and windstopper, cap, sunglasses, hiking poles, picnic, drinks, snacks... everything you need for a day in the mountains.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader, also a Savoie Mont Blanc heritage guide.
- All the information on the knowledge of the place and the biology of the ibex.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting place in Albiez-Montrond.
- Your personal equipment.
- Picnic lunch.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- There are many possibilities depending on your wishes and habits.
- Do not hesitate to contact me for more information.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking