Hiking stay in the South Vercors
Duration : 5 days
France, Southern Alps
Level : intermediate
from 750 € / p. from 3 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
I propose you to come and hike on the trails of the South Vercors, transition zone between the Alps and Provence. This double influence offers us an exceptional biodiversity and will allow us to approach various themes such as the flora and fauna, the transhumance, the lavender, the karstic landscapes of the mountains, etc.
Throughout these 5 days, we will do day hikes, starting from our base camp in Die. I will make you walk off the beaten track, in order to make you discover this endearing and very rich massif that is the Vercors. We will have to make short trips by vehicle to get to the starting point of the outings.
This stay is for all walkers and naturalists motivated by the discovery of these magical places. The daily hikes last from 4 to 6 hours, for a positive difference in altitude of 300 to 600 meters.
And if you want to discover the Vercors massif with the eye of the photographer, you might follow me during this training in the macrophotography of orchids and butterflies or these two days of naturalist observation and animal photography of the vultures of the Drôme.
- Meeting on the first day at 9am at the hotel or at the station of Die.
- From D1 to D5: 5 varied hikes on the south-eastern foothills of the Vercors plateau with different atmospheres.
You can admire the natural reserve of the high plateaus of Vercors, the view on the mythical Mont Aiguille, the panoramas on the Écrins massif and on the Alps chain, the Archiane cirque, the Combeau valley and the unknown summits of the upper Diois.
Departure each morning at 9am and return around 3pm.
Picnics are included.
- End of the stay on the last day at 5pm.
- The program is given as an indication, insofar as we constantly adapt to the weather conditions of the day.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader, professional photographer and trainer for 20 years.
- The photography training.
- Picnics lunches.
- Transport by vehicle.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point in Die, about one hour drive from Valence and one hour and a half from Grenoble.
- Personal expenses.
- Cancellation insurance.
- Possible single room supplement (90€).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Family hotel in Die.
- To be confirmed