Snowshoeing and photography stay in the Vercors
from 850 € / p. from 3 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
This winter, treat yourself to a snowshoeing holiday that is 100% nature!
Between the Isère and the Drôme departments, the Vercors massif meets all the expectations that nature lovers could have: unspoilt wilderness, typical forests, wild plateaus, ice cascades and cave porches, grandiose landscapes and panoramas, easy hiking conditions in the heart of an alpine relief.
As soon as the Vercors puts on its white cover, another world opens up to the eye: vast glittering spaces bathed in the colours and lights of winter, where it is good to observe life in slow motion by moving off the paths with snowshoes in virgin snow, except the traces of the wildlife. The hikes are easy, with daily positive altitude differences between 200 and 400 meters.
The objective of this workshop is to teach you how to take snow pictures, by avoiding the traps set by this environment with its particular luminosity. Snow in all its states, from crystals to ice, and in all light conditions, will have no more secrets for you.
We will cover all the theoretical elements necessary for shooting snow landscapes:
- Personalized advice and support for the realization of your own photographic reportage.
- Technical mastery of your camera and image composition.
- Daily analysis in the classroom and sharing of the images obtained.
If you are interested in photo trips, why not let yourself be tempted by these stays in the countryside of Tuscany, in the Bardenas desert, in the Gran Paradiso National Park, in the sea and mountain atmosphere of Corsica or in the fjords and highlands of Iceland?
D1: Arrival in Die.
Welcome at the hotel located in the region of Die around 6pm.
Presentation of the stay and dinner.
D2 to D6: Daily snowshoeing.
You will discover the fabulous landscapes of the Drôme part of the Vercors Regional Park. We will privilege walks in very different sites: big forests, plateaus with magnificent panoramas on the Alps, cliffs, ice falls, caves porches, etc.
Here are some ideas of destinations:
- the forest of Lente with the discovery of a frozen cave porch and an ice waterfall,
- the Font d'Urle plateau with its characteristic karstic relief and its panorama on the Drôme valley and the nearby Ardèche,
- the ascent of the rock of Chironne and the But Nève,
- the valley of Combeau and its exceptional panorama on the Alps and the mythical Mont Aiguille,
The program is not fixed and we adapt to the weather conditions. The walks are interspersed with photographic breaks, and each evening we make an analysis of the photos taken during the day.
D7: End of the stay at 9.30am after breakfast.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- The photography training.
- Hotel accommodation, half board with lunch picnics.
- Loan of snowshoes.
- Transport on site.
- Photography training.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Die, 30 minutes drive from Valence and one and a half hour from Grenoble.
- Cancellation insurance.
- Possible single room supplement (160€).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Star-shaped stay, accomodation in a hotel in the Die region.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking