Discovering the alpine butterflies (Savoie)
Duration : 2 days
France, Northern Alps
Level : easy
from 220 € / p. from 4 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
Thrips, caddis, lacewings, raphidia, etc.: you might not know all this strange names, but they are insects as well as flies, wasps, bugs that are better known by people. And of all insects, butterflies are probably the best known.
But do you really know them? How many butterflies do we have in Savoie? What is their lifespan? How do they eat? Where are they during winter? The list of questions is infinite on this subject and we will do our best to answer them.
I propose you to come to increase your knowledge on butterflies with those two days of observation in the field, in the Maurienne valley, with a passionate person for these small animals, member of various regional associations.
Daytime outings, nocturnal inventory methods, mini exposure. Being dependent on the weather, the animations are decided at the last moment. A small report will be sent to the participants.
This course is offered by the training center CIMMES, declared to the Rhône-Alpes Auvergne region under number 82 73 01239 73. It is a trademark of the Bureau Montagne des Arves.
I also propose other thematic courses in relation with the mountain to :
- deepen your photography skills,
- discover mountain plants,
- learn about geology,
- recognize mountain birds,
- or to better understand the mountain environment.
D1: Organization of the day according to the weather.
At nightfall, "nocturnal" butterflies observation on the wall of the refuge or in the immediate vicinity.
D2: Depending on the night's progress, morning might be more oriented towards laboratory work.
Prospecting afternoon, with determination in the field.
- Spring workshop: Saint-Jean-d'Arves.
- September workshop: Aussois.
Both take place in Savoie, in the Maurienne valley.
- Philippe FRANCOZ, entomologist, butterfly specialist, member of Dauphinelle and FLAVIA association.
- Jean-Marc HERMES, mountain leader.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Teaching fees.
- Accommodation (full board).
- Tourist taxes.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the place of the workshop.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Lodge and hut.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking