Yves Pollet-Villard via ferrata (Aravis, Haute-Savoie)
Duration : ½ day
France, Northern Alps
Level : difficult
from 60 € / p. from 4 to 6 personsInfos & Booking
The "Yves Pollet-Villard" via ferrata at the Aravis pass is a majestic via ferrata which faces the Mont Blanc and offers a panorama that will brighten up your day!
This via ferrata near La Clusaz in Haute-Savoie takes place in a beautiful south-facing limestone cliff, which you reach by walking throught the mountain pastures and forest for about 30 minutes. The start is a good warm-up and helps finding the rhythm in the use of the equipment. A first escape route allows you to do only part of it if necessary (with children for example). For the others, the adventure continues with the passage of the famous suspended footbridge! Then the final overhanging section (not mandatory with 2 possible options) will leave you with a delicious taste before starting the descent.
This descent takes place on a path in the "combe de Borderan" and lasts about 45 minutes. It is sometimes the occasion to meet chamois, marmots or to see eagles or bearded vultures gliding above your head, which are easier to pay attention to!
To climb this via ferrata, it is necessary to count half a day or the whole day depending on the group and the age of the participants (to be agreed together). The price indicated is for the half day.
Difficulty: 3 different sections.
- First section to the escape route: fairly difficult +.
- To the top WITHOUT the overhanging exit: difficult.
- And with the overhanging exit: difficult +.
For organisational reasons, only groups of at least 4 people are accepted.
If this via ferrata makes you want to do others, I recommend, still in the Aravis massif, the Roche à l'Agathe via ferrata in Thônes or the Tour du Jallouvre via ferrata in Grand-Bornand, or, a little further, the Revaclier via ferrata on the Mont Salève.
- We meet in Saint-Jean-de-Sixt (about 35 minutes drive from Annecy and 50 minutes from Geneva), in front of the superb Steff's Coffee, which will also be our place of separation. We will take the time to meet and prepare for the vertical adventure that awaits you.
- We will then head to the starting point of the via ferrata at the Aravis pass for a day of adventure (about 15 minutes by car).
- Approch walk of 30 minutes to reach the start of the via.
- About 2.5 hours to climb the via ferrata.
- Return walk of 45 minutes to the car park.
- Return at the end of the afternoon, with a lot of pictures in your mind!
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- Equipment necessary to practice the activity: helmet, harness, via ferrata lanyards with energy absorber.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Saint-Jean-de-Sixt.
- Transport to the Aravis pass.
- Picnic lunch.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking