Revaclier via ferrata (Saint-Julien-en-Genevois)
from 60 € / p. from 1 to 6 personsInfos & Booking
Above the old abbey of Pomier, a magnificent place nestled at the entrance of the forest between Cruseilles and Saint-Julien-en-Genevois in Haute-Savoie, is located this short Revaclier via ferrata (70 meters of difference in altitude for a distance of 500 meters) which allows you to enjoy a half day with your family, with the children, or with friends. At the foot of the Mont Salève that overlooks Léman lake, it is a nice via ferrata to start with the activity, and which is perfectly adapted to sensitive audiences or to the youngest.
The approach walking is done on a path that can sometimes be steep (it is necessary to be well shod), before reaching the start of the via ferrata itself. This section along the cliff allows you to become familiar with the use of lanyards and carabiners. It is also the opportunity to cross some excavations of the almost perfect white rock. The route then takes height and rises on the cliff: a slab crossing and a wall, both very vertiginous, lead to a bridge made of wooden logs. Then it's time to go straight up and to climb the beautiful final part, vertical and still vertiginous, which ends with a short overhang. The return to the parking lot is then done on a path in the undergrowth.
For a question of organization, only the groups already constituted and of at least 4 people are accepted.
If this via ferrata makes you want to climb others, I recommend several routes in the nearby Aravis massif: the spectacular Roche à l'Agathe via ferrata in Thônes, the Yves Pollet-Villard via ferrata in La Clusaz or the Tour du Jallouvre via ferrata above the Colombière pass.
- Half-day activity (in the morning or in the afternoon).
- Meet in the village of Pomier, about 30 minutes drive from Geneva or Annecy.
- 20 minutes walk to reach the start of the via ferrata.
- Approximately one hour to climb the via ferrata.
- Return walk of 30 minutes to go back to the parking lot.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- Loan of the equipment necessary for the practice of the activity (helmet, harness, via ferrata lanyards with energy absorber, etc.).
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the via ferrata parking lot between Cruseilles and Saint-Julien-en-Genevois.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking