Revaclier via ferrata (Haute-Savoie)
from 60 € / p. from 1 to 6 personsInfos & Booking
Above the old abbey of Pomier, a magnificent place nestled at the entrance of the forest between Cruseilles and Saint-Julien-en-Genevois in Haute-Savoie, is this short Revaclier via ferrata (70 meters of difference in altitude for 500 meters of linear) which allows you to enjoy a half day with your family, with the children, or with friends. At the foot of the Mont Salève, it is a nice via ferrata to start with, and which is perfectly adapted to sensitive audiences or to the youngest.
The approach is done by a path that can sometimes be steep (it is necessary to be well shod), before reaching the start of the via ferrata itself. This section along the cliff allows you to become familiar with the use of lanyards and carabiners. It is also the occasion to cross some excavations of the almost perfect white rock. The route then takes height and rises on the cliff: a slab crossing and a wall, both very vertiginous, lead to a bridge made of wooden logs. Then it's time to go straight up and to climb the beautiful final part, vertical and vertiginous, which ends with a short overhang. The return to the parking lot is then done on a path in the undergrowth.
For a question of organization, only the groups already constituted and of at least 4 people are accepted.
If this via ferrata makes you want to do others, I recommend several in the nearby Aravis massif: the Roche à l'Agathe via ferrata in Thônes, the Yves Pollet-Villard via ferrata at the Aravis pass or the Tour du Jallouvre via ferrata in Grand-Bornand.
- Half-day activity (morning or afternoon).
- Meet in Pomier, about 30 minutes drive from Geneva or Annecy.
- 20 minute walk to reach the start of the via.
- Approximately one hour to climb the via ferrata.
- Return walk of 30 minutes to the parking lot.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- Loan of the equipment necessary for the practice of the activity (helmet, harness, via ferrata lanyards with energy absorber, etc.).
The price does not include
- Transportation to and from the via ferrata car park between Cruseilles and Saint-Julien-en-Genevois.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking