Kalymnos via ferrata
from 80 € / p. from 1 to 6 personsInfos & Booking
Why not trying via ferrata when you visit Kalymnos: it will give you a unique view of this Dodecanese island!
The via ferrata of Kalymnos is located above the village of Myrties, not far from Massouri and the climbing area of Gerakios. The whole via ferrata, with its approach, takes you 400 meters above sea level and offers you a splendid view of the cliffs of Massouri and the island of Telendos.
The average duration of the activity is 4 hours. It depends on your walking speed. Although the via ferrata is not very difficult, the steep approach and the long way back make it an activity for which a certain physical condition is required.
The course can be divided into three parts:
- It starts with easy and fun climbing, especially on a steep slab.
- The intermediate section consists of a horizontal traverse to the left of 40 meters, which takes place on relatively steep rock and leads to a huge cave with a comfortable ledge.
- The last section starts on the other side of the cave with an easy but steep path that gradually takes you to the top of the mountain and the end of the route.
If you want to take advantage of your stay on Kalymnos to practice other vertical activities, I can suggest you to take a climbing course, to initiate yourself or to progress or ty deep water solo climbing!
- Meeting point at 8 am at the place decided together.
- Transfer to the starting point.
- Approach walk of 45 minutes to reach the start of the via.
- About 1.5 hour to climb the via ferrata.
- Pause at the top.
- Return walk of 1.5 hour to get back to the parking lot.
- In total about 4 hours of activity.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- All the technical equipment (harness, helmet, rope, etc.).
|Number of participants||1||2||from 3 to 5||Familly (4/5 persons)|
|Price per person||100€||90€||80€||Global price: 280€|
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting place.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking