Kalymnos via ferrata
from 100 € / p. from 1 to 6 personsInfos & Booking
Why not trying via ferrata when you visit Kalymnos: it will give you a unique view of this beautiful Dodecanese island!
The via ferrata of Kalymnos is located above the village of Myrties, not far from Massouri and the climbing sector of Gerakios. The whole via ferrata, with its approach, takes you 400 meters above sea level and offers you a splendid view of the cliffs of Massouri and the neighboring island of Telendos.
The average duration of the activity is about 4 hours. It depends on your walking speed. Although the via ferrata is not very difficult, the steep approach and the long way back make it an activity for which a certain physical condition is required.
The course can be divided into three parts:
- It starts with easy and fun climbing, especially on a steep slab.
- The intermediate section consists of a 40-meter horizontal traverse to the left, which takes place on relatively steep rock and leads to a huge cave with a comfortable ledge.
- The last section starts on the other side of the cave with an easy but steep path that gradually takes you to the top of the mountain and the end of the route.
If you want to take advantage of your trip in Kalymnos to practice other vertical activities, I can suggest you to take a climbing course, to initiate yourself or to improve, to try deep water solo climbing or to go for a multi pitch route climb. And for those who want to extend the experience, I also offer climbing and yoga stays here in Kalymnos.
- Meet at 8am in front of the Sofrano bar at the exit of Masouri, 10 minutes walk from the village center.
- Transfer to the starting point, a few minutes drive from Masouri.
- 45 minutes approach walking to reach the start of the via ferrata.
- About one hour and a half to climb the via ferrata.
- Pause at the top.
- Two hours return walking to get back to the parking lot.
- In total about 4 hours of activity.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- All the technical equipment required for the practice of the activity (harness, helmet, rope, etc.).
- Transport from Masouri to the starting place.
- Professional liability insurance.
|Number of participants||Price per person|
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Sofrano bar in Masouri.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking