Multi pitch climbing route in Jonte or Tarn Gorges
Duration : ½ day
France, Massif Central, Occitania
Level : sportsman / climber
from 80 € / p. from 1 to 3 personsInfos & Booking
During this half-day of climbing, I propose you to discover majestic multi pitch routes, more than 100 meters high. You will follow the climbing instructor on large scale routes in the Tarn or Jonte gorges, in the heart of the Lozere or Aveyron departments.
A good physical condition is sufficient to try some very accessible routes. For experienced climbers, other routes are waiting for you!
Here are some examples of classic routes that can be considered:
- The Izéki route at Roc Aiguille, a small peak overlooking the Pas de Souci in the Tarn gorges: vertiginous atmosphere and breathtaking views guaranteed.
- Les femmes et les enfants d'abord (Women and climbers first), very nice 5c+ route at the Vase de Sèvres in the Jonte gorges, with a last magnificent pitch in a steep wall.
- Zébulon: one of the most accessible routes in the Jonte gorges (level 4c), which offers a nice climb, with good holds and homogeneous.
- Pégase, an original 5c route because it takes place on a monolith in the heart of the Jonte.
- Le révérend, first sector at the entrance of the Jonte gorges which offers routes of various difficulties and a beautiful view on the village of Le Rozier.
- La diagonale du gogol, a long route in the Jonte, with traverses and two hard pitches in 6a.
- L'arête ouest (West ridge) of the Roche Décollée, a rather short but intense route, very aesthetic on the edge of a pillar, and offering a magical atmosphere in the Jonte gorges.
Please come equiped: sneakers, small backpack, water. And depending on the weather: rain jacket, sun cream, etc.
If you wish to continue your learning of multi pitch route climbing after this day, why not come back in order to develop your autonomy (also available in 3 days course)?
Meet at the village of Le Rozier or at les Vignes.
- Transport to the car park of the multi pitch route.
- Choice of the route together.
- Equipment review.
- Approach walk: usually about 20 minutes.
- Explanation or review of rope handlings specific to multi pitch routes.
- Descent: abseiling and / or walking.
- Terrace of a bar to relive and debreif these beautiful moments (optional :-).
Approximate duration: 4 hours.
The activity is accessible to children from 8 years old.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Specific gear which is recent, regularly checked and compliant with the requirements of French and European standards.
|Number of participants||1||2||3|
|Price per person||120€||75€||70€|
The price does not include
- Transport to Le Rozier or to les Vignes.
- Picnic lunch and drinks.
- Civil liability and personal accident insurance for climbing and associated disciplines (if you are not already covered for these activities by your insurance, you can take out additional insurance with the FFME, FFCAM, etc.).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking