Towards autonomy on multi pitch climbing routes (Jonte Gorges)
from 100 € / p. from 1 to 4 personsInfos & Booking
Multi pitch climbing routes are wonderful vetical trips. This is going for an adventure where performance counts less than the experience itself.
This day is especially for indoor or 1-pitch route climbers who would like to acquire the basics to go out on multi pitch routes independently. Also, it may interest you if you are already practicing the multi pitch routes but want to acquire safer behaviors and have more skills to face the different unexpected situations that you could meet. This can also interest you if you are simply looking for an instructor to climb a multi pitch route with (leading one after the other one).
This multi pitch climbing route will also and above all be the opportunity to evolve in a splendid setting: that of the Jonte Gorges, straddling the departments of Lozère and Aveyron. The beauty of the flight of the vultures will only add charm to the beautiful climbing routes!
Appointment is in the village of Rozier or in the village of Les Vignes.
Learning will be adapted to the level of each participant, but traditionally, if you wish to acquire the basics of multi pitch climbing routes, the day can be organized such that way:
1st half-day: 2 or 1 pitch climbing routes.
- Taking information to climb a route (reading of guide book, access, descent, history...).
- Equipment review.
- Skills required (belaying leader and second, setting up anchor, abseiling technique ...).
- Codes and language elements.
- Progression techniques.
- Basics of assistance (simple hauls) and rescue.
- Climbing and abseiling.
2nd half-day: 100 meters high multi pitch climbing route.
- Application of those technics in a 100 meters high multi pitch route, with reversible evolution (one leading after the other one). Each participant will climb at least one pitch as a leader and the climbing instructor will be present to check the crucial security steps. This is your turn to climb and lead!
Other sessions can be added to complete or consolidate the learning.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Specific gear for the activity (harness, helmet, ropes, slings, lanyards, quickdraws, belay device...) which is recent, regularly checked and compliant with the requirements of the French and European standards.
|1 person||2 persons||3 to 4 persons|
The price does not include
- Transport to Rozier or to les Vignes (contact me for any special request).
- Food and drinks.
- Insurance for climbing.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
Come equiped: sport shoes, small back pack, water, possibly gloves. Depending on the weather: rain jacket, sunscreen...
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking