"Roc du Cornillon" via ferrata in Bourdeau (Savoie)
from 50 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
The "Rocher de Cornillon" via ferrata, located in Savoie above the Bourget lake, consists of a long crossing, sometimes vertiginous, and offers you an exceptional panorama. The course is equipped for beginners and children. You can practice crossing cable bridges and going under rocks.
This course can be divided into two parts and two escape routes are present. This "Roc de Cornillon" via ferrata is my favorite for the half-day initiation.
First of all, we will have to walk uphill for about 20 minutes to get to the start of the via ferrata itself. From there you can already enjoy a superb view of the Bourget lake.
The first part of the route is called "la Primevère à oreille d'ours" and is named after a rare spring plant that is present on the site and that you will have the opportunity to see. This part proposes a long crossing from right to left, with at the beginning several beams (sometimes very vertiginous) which help to cross dihedrals, then an inverted and original descending ladder (and also a little impressive) and finally a tunnel of some meters. After recovering, you continue on a small steep pillar, on beams and finally on a cable bridge. This first section is then finished and a loophole allows you to eventually return to the parking lot.
The second easier route of the Roc de Cornillon allows you to continue the adventure by climbing on the compact slabs of the south face, as well as on comfortable ledges, always with a vertiginous atmosphere. The panorama is absolutely magnificent until the final pillar that you have to climb for several tens of meters and whose summit marks the end of the via ferrata. A path then takes you to the belvedere of the Roc de Cornillon (to enjoy one last time the sublime views of the massifs and summits that surround you), then to the parking lot by the same trail as on the way out.
If you are looking for other vertical via ferrata adventures, the Chartreuse massif has many itineraries that you will love:
- the Rocher de l'Envers in Saint-Vincent-de-Mercuze,
- the Prises de la Bastille in Grenoble,
- the Vire des Lavandières (integral or intermediate) and the Grand Dièdre above Crolles,
- Roche Veyrand (also possible in discovery mode) above Saint-Pierre-d'Entremont.
- Meet at the Col du Chat, about 20 minutes drive from Chambéry, 45 minutes from Annecy and 1.25 hour from Lyon.
- 20 minutes walk to reach the start of the via.
- Approximately 2 hours to climb the via ferrata.
- Return walk of 30 minutes to get back to the parking of the Col du Chat.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Equipment necessary to the practice of the activity: harness, via ferrata lanyards with energy absborber, helmet, quickdraws, rope.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the col du Chat.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking