"Roche Veyrand" discovery via ferrata (Chartreuse)
Duration : 1 day
France, Northern Alps
Level : easy
from 50 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Come and discover the via ferrata in the heart of the Chartreuse massif, above Saint-Pierre-d'Entremont, on this Roche Veyrand course which has two distinct parts. I propose you to discover the first section, easier, fun and perfect for an initiation or for children.
After an approach walk on a forest path, the via ferrata allows you to quickly gain height on a nice colored rock. A first slab without difficulty leads to the "pont du Dolmen", then is followed by other slabs and small steeper walls, with many natural holds in the rock. An escape route allows you to return to the start using a steep path. The route continues across to the left, up a nice dihedral and arrives at the "pas loquace" footbridge, 17 meters long, where the atmosphere becomes more vertiginous. A last slab leads to the end of the first part of the via ferrata. It is then time to enjoy one last time the magnificent view on the high summits of the Chartreuse massif, then to go back down by the path of Clapiers, or to reach the summit in about 30 minutes or to continue on the second very difficult part to realize the complete ascent of this via ferrata of Roche Veyrand.
If you are looking for other vertical via ferrata adventures, the Chartreuse massif has many itineraries that you will love:
- the Rocher de l'Envers in Saint-Vincent-de-Mercuze,
- the urban via ferrata of les Prises de la Bastille in Grenoble,
- the integral version of the "Vire des Lavandières" or intermediate one, as well as the Grand Dièdre above Crolles.
- Meeting point in Saint-Pierre-d'Entremont, one hour drive from Grenoble and 30 minutes from Chambéry.
- Approach walk of 45 minutes to reach the start of the via ferrata.
- Approximately one hour and a half to climb the via ferrata.
- Return walk of 45 minutes to go back to the parking lot.
- Positive altitude difference: 200 meters.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Equipment necessary to the practice of the activity: harness, via ferrata lanyards with energy absborber, helmet, quickdraws, rope.
- Photos of the outing!
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Saint-Pierre-d'Entremont.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking