Roche Veyrand via ferrata, full route (Chartreuse)
from 55 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
After having climbed the "discovery" part of this via ferrata of Roche Veyrand in Chartreuse, I propose you to go on with the second part, much more difficult, impressive and vertiginous.
Above Saint-Pierre-d'Entremont, you start by going around a small boulder to reach the footbridge of the "Pas de la Frousse", 40 meters long and slightly uphill. Then a pillar allows you to reach a ledge where there are several caves (very appreciable in summer). You then go around another pillar to continue to cross the ledge, in a very very vertiginous atmosphere, until the "pont des Balmes". Shortly after, it is time to go back up, in a vertical section, and even overhanging in its middle. A ledge follows, a chimney of a few meters and a crossing under a roof before approaching the last overhang, with more than 200 meters of void under your feet. A final easy slab leads to the end of the cabled route. A last effort of about fifteen minutes to reach the top of Roche Veyrand will reward you with an incredible panorama on the Chartreuse summits before the walk back to the car.
If you are looking for other vertical via ferrata adventures, the Chartreuse massif has many itineraries that you will love:
- the Rocher de l'Envers in Saint-Vincent-de-Mercuze,
- the Prises de la Bastille in Grenoble,
- the Vire des Lavandières (integral or intermediate) and the Grand Dièdre above Crolles.
- Meeting point in Saint-Pierre-d'Entremont, one hour drive from Grenoble and 30 minutes from Chambéry.
- Approach walk of 45 minutes to reach the start of the via.
- Approximately 3 to 4 hour to climb the via ferrata.
- Return walk of one hour to go back to the parking lot.
- Positive dialtitude difference: 350 meters.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Equipment necessary to the practice of the activity: harness, via ferrata lanyards with energy absborber, helmet, quickdraws, rope.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Saint-Pierre-d'Entremont.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking