Roche Veyrand via ferrata, full route (Chartreuse)
Duration : 1 day
France, Northern Alps
Level : sports
from 55 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
After having climbed the first "discovery" part of this via ferrata of Roche Veyrand in Chartreuse massif, I propose you to go on with the second part, much more difficult, impressive and vertiginous.
Above the village of Saint-Pierre-d'Entremont, you start by going around a small boulder to reach the footbridge of the "Pas de la Frousse", 40 meters long and slightly uphill. Then a pillar allows you to reach a ledge where there are several caves (whose shade is very appreciable in the summer). You then go around another pillar to continue to cross the ledge, in a very very vertiginous atmosphere, until the "pont des Balmes". Shortly after, it is time to go up again, in a vertical section, and even overhanging in its middle. A ledge follows, a chimney of a few meters and a crossing under a roof before approaching the last overhang, with more than 200 meters of void under your feet. A final easy slab leads to the end of the cabled route. A last effort of about fifteen minutes to reach the top of Roche Veyrand will reward you with an incredible panorama on the Chartreuse summits before the walk back on a path to the parking lot.
If you are looking for other vertical via ferrata adventures, the Chartreuse massif has many itineraries that you will love:
- the Rocher de l'Envers in Saint-Vincent-de-Mercuze,
- the urban via ferrata of the Prises de la Bastille in Grenoble,
- the integral version of the "Vire des Lavandières" or intermediate one, as well as the Grand Dièdre above Crolles.
- Meeting point in Saint-Pierre-d'Entremont, one hour drive from Grenoble and 30 minutes from Chambéry.
- Departure in the morning.
- I will specify the schedule before the outing, depending on the period, the weather, etc.
- Approach walk of 45 minutes to reach the start of the via ferrata.
- Approximately 3 to 4 hour to climb the via ferrata.
- Return walk of one hour to go back to the parking lot.
- Positive altitude difference: 350 meters.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Equipment necessary to the practice of the activity: harness, via ferrata lanyards with energy absborber, helmet, quickdraws, rope.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Saint-Pierre-d'Entremont.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking