Crolles via ferrata: complete "Vire des Lavandières"
from 50 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Important: the via ferrata of Crolles is closed until further notice.
Located in Saint-Hilaire-du-Touvet in Isère and in the Chartreuse massif, the via ferrata of the "vire des lavandières" overlooks the town of Crolles and the Grésivaudan valley.
This via ferrata is technically easy but requires a good physical condition.
The departure is from the arrival station of the funicular which allows paragliders to go up to the take-off area of Saint-Hilaire-de-Touvet. After half an hour of descent on a path, you are at the start of the via. The route starts with the "belvedere pillar", a succession of vertical walls that allow you to quickly gain height and that go to the foot of the Saint-Hilaire waterfall. We can take a break at this place to then join the crossing of the washerwomen which will lead you in 1.5 hour at the top of the route. The atmosphere is very vertiginous and the course continues with an ascending traverse always to the right and with some slight overhangs. Before reaching the top of the cliff, we go left on the "chemin de ronde" which leads to the "échelle des Maquisards" (built during the war and which allowed the resistance fighters to hide), last difficulty before reaching the plateau of the Petites Roches.
- Meeting point in Saint-Hilaire-du-Touvet, about 30 minutes drive from Grenoble or Chambéry.
- 25 minutes walk to reach the start of the via.
- About 3 hours to climb the via ferrata.
- 5 minutes walk back to the parking lot.
- Positive difference in altitude: 300 meters.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Equipment necessary to the practice of the activity: harness, via ferrata lanyards with energy absborber, helmet, quickdraws, rope.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Saint-Hilaire-du-Touvet.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking