Crolles via ferrata: "le Grand Dièdre" (Isère)
from 55 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Important: the via ferrata of Crolles is closed until further notice.
Located in Saint-Hilaire-du-Touvet in Isère and in the Chartreuse massif, the via ferrata of the "grand dièdre" overlooks the town of Crolles and the Grésivaudan valley. This itinerary is magnificent but very difficult and reserved for people with experience in via ferrata.
The departure is from the arrival station of the funicular which allows paragliders to go up to the take-off area of Saint-Hilaire-de-Touvet. After half an hour of descent on a path, you are at the start of the via. The route begins with the "belvedere pillar", a succession of vertical walls that allow you to quickly gain height and that lead to the foot of the Saint-Hilaire waterfall. From there, the easy "vire à vélo" goes to the left and reaches the foot of the famous "grand dièdre", one of the most difficult via ferrata passages in the region. 100 meters high, it is first vertical and then overhanging for a long time, until the "échelle des martinets". At the end of the ladder, it is possible to exit more easily to the right and the "chemin de ronde", but it would be a shame not to continue to the left on the "sangle Chourère" to exit by the "échelle de l'enfer". This inverted ladder offers you a vertiginous atmosphere and an incredible panorama on the Belledonne massif on the other side of the valley.
- Meeting point in Saint-Hilaire-du-Touvet, about 30 minutes drive from Grenoble or Chambéry.
- 25 minutes walk to reach the start of the via.
- About 4 hours to climb the via ferrata.
- 5 minutes walk back to the parking lot.
- Positive difference in altitude : 300 meters.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Equipment necessary to the practice of the activity: harness, via ferrata lanyards with energy absborber, helmet, quickdraws, rope.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Saint-Hilaire-du-Touvet.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking