Saint-Paul-de-Fenouillet via ferrata: la Panoramique
Duration : ½ day
France, Occitania, Catalan country, Pyrenees
Level : sport/confirmed (from 14 years old)
from 55 € / p. from 4 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
The sport via ferrata "La Panoramique" offers a spectacular route on a long rocky ridge overlooking the village of Saint-Paul-de-Fenouillet in the Eastern Pyrenees. The itinerary is interesting, vertiginous and varied, and allows you to surpass yourself and enjoy a breathtaking view!
Beautiful ledges, cable bridges, Himalayan bridge, passage in gullies and ridges follow one another all along this route which is a pleasure for sportsmen in search of sensations. It is also the opportunity to discover an exceptional landscape, from the Agly valley to the Mediterranean sea, passing by the Galamus gorges and their canyon (to complete a sportive day) and without forgetting the famous Canigou.
The route starts with a steep wall of about 25 meters and then a diagonal climb to the first cable bridge that will test your balance. The rest of the route is slightly overhanging, just enough to test your arms and your technique. The climb continues to the second cable bridge and then to the more impressive Himalayan bridge (the bridges can be bypassed in case of strong wind). At the end of this bridge you have to pass through a gully to finally arrive on the ridges that you follow to the summit.
- Meeting point in Saint-Paul-de-Fenouillet, 45 minutes drive from Perpignan.
- Approach walk of 10 minutes to the start of the via.
- Learning and using of the equipment.
- Learning of the safety techniques.
- Approximately 3 hours of climbing to the top of the via ferrata: we will use vertical parts, monkey bridges, himalayan bridge, passages on ridges... to finally reach the summit and enjoy a 360° "panoramic" view!
- Ridge run and 50 minutes walk back to the parking lot.
- "After the effort, the comfort": to finish your day in beauty, I can suggest you many things to see and do around the via ferrata of Saint-Paul-de-Fenouillet!
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- All the technical equipment necessary for the practice of the activity and certified "European Standard" in force (harness, helmet, via ferrata lanyard with energy absorber, etc.).
- Photos as a souvenir.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point in Saint-Paul-de-Fenouillet.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking