Gorges of Ailefroide via ferrata in Pelvoux (Hautes-Alpes)
from 45 € / p. from 3 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
Located in the Vallouise valley at the foot of the Écrins massif and more particularly at the foot of the Pelvoux, this pretty via ferrata takes place in a refreshing environment!
In the heart of the Hautes-Alpes department, the itinerary goes up in a narrow and deep granite gorge that is thousands of years old, at the bottom of which flows the bubbling waters of the Ailefroide torrent. In the middle of summer, you will find a welcome coolness! The course goes from one bank to the other, sometimes on big boulders, sometimes thanks to cable bridges and footbridges that cross over the river.
The via ferrata has three distinct parts with progressive difficulties:
- The first, easy and fun, is perfectly suited for children from 8 years old or for an initiation. After a section above the tunnel, a cable bridge crosses a combe along the road. Three footbridges follow, allowing you to cross from one bank of the torrent to the other, as well as horizontal crossings.
- The second part, more athletic and physical, continues to go up the gorges via a cable bridge which precedes a slightly overhanging crossing. Natural passages made of large boulders allow us to cross the torrent again and alternate with steeper sections on the rock. This more impressive part takes place in an exceptional atmosphere.
- The third part, avoidable and short, is more difficult. The route gets higher and more vertiginous, and requires crossing two overhanging passages before exiting and finishing at the top of the gorge.
If you want to discover other beautiful via ferrata in the region, I can accompany you on the nearby via ferrata of Les Vigneaux or via ferrata of Freissinières, or on the via ferrata of the Croix de Toulouse which overlooks Briançon.
- Appointment at the via ferrata car park (Claux tunnel in Pelvoux).
- After being equipped, we start the via which passes over the tunnel.
- About 3 hours of activity for the two first parts with the possibility of stopping at the end of the first one.
- Return walk to the car park in 10 minutes by an easy path.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- Loan of technical equipment necessary for the practice of the activity (harness, helmet, via ferrata lanyard with energy absorber).
The price does not include
- Transport to the car park of the via ferrata in Pelvoux.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Possibility of accomodation in ** hôtel Les 5 Saisons in Freissinières.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking