Vigneaux via ferrata (Écrins, Hautes-Alpes)
from 40 € / p. from 3 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
Located at the entrance of the Vallouise valley in the south of the Écrins massif, this via ferrata takes you on a very vertiginous itinerary that overlooks the village of Les Vigneaux. Overlooked by the summit of the Tête d'Aval which culminates some 1500 meters higher, the course offers you a very mountainous atmosphere, with sublime views on the surrounding peaks and summits.
Two different routes are possible according to your desires and your level: the "Voie du Colombier" and the "Voie de la Balme".
The departure, which is common to both options, crosses to the left, then passes a rocky ridge thanks to small steps and a short metal footbridge. If the level is easy, the atmosphere is quickly very vertiginous. You then have to climb a steep, well-equipped and quite athletic wall, then walk on a ledge to reach the fork of the two routes.
- The easier one ("Voie du Colombier") crosses obliquely upwards to the left to reach a metal ladder which is very vertiginous to climb. There are then two vertical sections well equipped and without difficulty to reach the top of the route.
- The most sporty one ("Voie de la Balme") starts straight above in a first vertical wall, follows on a bumpy slab without too many holds, and continues diagonally in a small wall where you have to use the rock holds. A short walk leads to the most physical and athletic part of the via ferrata: an overhanging chimney of 15 meters, with many bars to help you, followed by a vertical wall and a nice dihedral. A final steep section and an easier one lead to the top of the route where you can enjoy a superb panorama.
If you want to discover other beautiful via ferrata in the region, I can accompany you on the nearby via ferrata of Freissinières or via ferrata of the gorges of Ailefroide in Pelvoux, or on the via ferrata of the Croix de Toulouse which overlooks Briançon.
- Meet at the via ferrata parking lot at the exit of Les Vigneaux, direction Briançon.
About 15 minutes drive from Briançon and 1.25 hour from Gap.
- Equipment with the material.
- Approach walk of 25 minutes to reach the start of the via.
- Between 2 and 2.5 hours of activity depending on the chosen route.
- Return walk of 40 minutes to the parking lot by a nice vertiginous path.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- Loan of the equipment necessary for the practice of the activity (harness, helmet, via ferrata lanyards with energy absorber, etc.).
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the via ferrata car park at Les Vigneaux.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Possibility of accomodation in ** hôtel Les 5 Saisons in Freissinières.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking