Prehistoric hike: cave and rock engravings (Diois)
from 15 € / p. from 2 to 16 personsInfos & Booking
Ideally located in the south of the Vercors Massif, the Haut Diois Massif contains secrets that are often unknown.
I invite you here to a very surprising hike on the theme of prehistory to make you know the Tune de la Varaime. This cave, now classified as a historical monument and which I discovered in 1985, contains more than 2000 Neolithic rock engravings classified as belonging to linear schematic art.
This place was also used in prehistoric times as a sheepfold cave as the excavations that you can also contemplate testify.
- Meeting in the village of Boulc.
- Duration of the outing: 5 hours including the guided tour of the cave and access by a very wild path to the breathtaking panoramas of the Vercors between 1200 and 1450m altitude.
- As an option, a day outing is possible, completed by a climb to the top of the mountain of Toussière (total 800m of difference in altitude) and to high mountain pastures.
- Regular outings from April to November on request.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader
- Guided visit of the cave