Sport canyon of the Argence gorges (Aveyron)
Duration : ½ day
France, Massif Central, Occitania
Level : sport
from 50 € / p. from 4 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Dive into the heart of the Argence gorges, in Aveyron, for a canyoning descent full of thrills. Located in a grandiose cirque, the Argence canyon is a must-see, offering a very fun and technical but affordable route. Indeed, it is suitable for anyone with a minimum of physical condition.
The course is made up of two parts interspersed by a flat area. The first part is perfect for beginners and the second part, which I propose here, is more sportive. Note that it is also possible to descend the full Argence canyon.
During this descent, you progress through picturesque and deep gorges. You have the opportunity to make numerous jumps (up to 8 metres high, but never mandatory) and natural slides (one of which is also 8 meters high for guaranteed sensations) as well as abseils (18 meters maximum), two of which are remarkable: one on a spider's thread from a vertiginous anchor, the other with a passage in a water hole. The canyon ends with a jump, still not mandatory, into a body of water at the dam.
The activity is accessible to children from the age of 12. You must be able to swim.
Remember to bring your swimming costume and trainers.
You can also follow me a little further north in the Cantal to go through the canyon of the Jordanne gorges together or to do the Pas de Cère aquatic hike.
And if you want to discover other vertical activities, why not let yourself be tempted by the very nearby via ferrata of the Truyère gorges?
- Meeting point in Argences-en-Aubrac, about an hour's drive from Aurillac.
- Transfer to the canyon car park where we will get equipped.
- 5 minutes of approach walking to reach the start of the canyon.
- Duration of the canyoning trip: approximately two hours.
- 30 to 50 minutes of return walking to the car park.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- Technical equipment necessary for the practice of the activity: helmet, neoprene suit, harness, lanyards, belay device.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Argences-en-Aubrac, about one hour drive from Rodez or Aurillac.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking