Argence gorges canyon: full descent (Aveyron)
from 60 € / p. from 3 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
The Argence canyon in its integral version is more sensations, more emotions and the whole aspects of canyoning in a dynamic and playful descent.
This outing takes place in the heart of the Argence gorges, in the Aveyron department, for a canyoning descent full of thrills. Located in a grandiose cirque, the Argence canyon is a must-see, offering a very fun and technical but affordable route. Indeed, it is suitable for anyone with a minimum of physical condition.
The full route I am proposing here is made up of two sections interspersed with a flat area:
- The first part is ideal for beginners,
- and second part of the Argence canyon is more sporty and technical.
During this descent, you progress through picturesque and deep gorges. You have the opportunity to make numerous jumps (up to 8 metres high, but never mandatory) and natural slides (one of which is also 8 meters high for guaranteed sensations) as well as abseils (18 meters maximum), two of which are remarkable: one on a spider's thread from a vertiginous anchor, the other with a passage in a water hole. And let's not forget an exclusive feature that you will have the opportunity to discover: the zip-boggan. The canyon ends with a jump, still not mandatory, into a body of water at the dam.
The activity is accessible to children from the age of 14. You must be able to swim.
Remember to bring your swimming costume and trainers.
And if you want to discover other vertical activities, why not let yourself be tempted by the very nearby via ferrata of the Truyère gorges?
- Meeting point in Argences-en-Aubrac, about an hour's drive from Aurillac.
- Transfer to the canyon car park where we will get equipped.
- 5 minute of approach walking to reach the start of the canyon.
- Duration of the canyoning trip: from 3 to 4 hours.
- From 30 to 50 minutes of return walking to the car park.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- Technical equipment necessary for the practice of the activity: helmet, neoprene suit, harness, lanyards, belay device.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Argences-en-Aubrac, about one hour drive from Rodez or Aurillac.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking