Hiking: Belouve forest and Trou de Fer
from 50 € / p. from 1 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
Every Monday and all along this hike, I make you discover the endemic flora of the bewitching primary forest of Bélouve, up to the mythical point of view on the Trou de Fer and its famous wild waterfall.
Perched on a plateau at 1300 meters, Bélouve is a high altitude rainforest, famous for its tamarinds whose wood is used in cabinet making, as well as for its incredibly rich, surprising and varied flora. The atmosphere is supernatural, the sunlight playing with the frequent mists.
The Trou de Fer is the highest waterfall in France and one of the highest in the world. It reaches a height of 725 meters in 4 jumps, the highest of which measures 305 meters. It offers you an exceptional show!
This hike in the heart of the Reunion Island lasts about 5 hours for a distance of 8 kilometers and a positive and negative difference in altitude of 170 meters.
NOTE: the viewpoint on the "Trou de fer" is currently closed by prefectural order. We are therefore modifying the route accordingly.
If I am not available, a colleague from the Bureau Montagne Réunion will be in charge of the supervision.
If you want to continue to discover Reunion Island during beautiful day hikes, follow me in the cirque of Mafate, in the cirque of Cilaos or at the Piton de la Fournaise volcano (also in off-trail version).
- Departure every Monday.
- Guaranteed departure from the first registered.
- Departure from the Bélouve lodge, overlooking the Salazie cirque.
- Hike with little difference in altitude that will bring out your explorer's soul in the heart of the original plant kingdom.
- At the end of the path, the forest offers you a window on the majestic and inaccessible Trou de Fer waterfall.
- This loop, without any major difficulty, can be quite wet and relatively long for children. The minimum recommended age is 8 years.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- A snack with local drinks.
The price does not include
- Picnic lunch.
- Transport to and from Belouve (we endeavour to carpool when possible).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking