Hiking in Cilaos: The Chapel
from 50 € / p. from 1 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
Every Thursday, we will follow the paths of the "marronnage" to the heart of a crystallized magma chamber, witness of the primitive volcanic activity of the Reunion Island.
The hike starts in the heart of the village of Cilaos and quickly goes into a forest of filaos offering a magnificent view on the village of îlet à Cordes and the canyon dug by the Bras Rouge river. The arrival on the monolith of more than 100 meters high, classified world heritage of UNESCO, is a unique moment.
This hike in the heart of the cirque of Cilaos lasts about 5 hours for a distance of 8 kilometers and a positive and negative difference in altitude of 550 meters.
Be careful, this hike often requires participants to walk in water! (water height under the knees)
Children: During the hike, we make several ford crossings and the 550 meter difference in altitude may be too much for some children.
If I am not available, a colleague from the Bureau Montagne Réunion will be in charge of the supervision.
- Departure every Thursday.
- Guaranteed departure from the first registered.
- Discovery hike of an exceptional site classified as a UNESCO world heritage site.
- Departure from Cilaos city.
- Discovery of the fauna, the flora, the geology and the local traditions.
- This itinerary presents some rather steep slopes and a relatively important length for children. The minimum age recommended is 8 years old.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- A snack with local drinks.
The price does not include
- Picnic lunch.
- Transport (we endeavour to carpool when possible).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking