Hiking in the Mafate cirque
from 50 € / p. from 1 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
Every Tuesday and Thrusday, I suggest you go hiking in the heart of the jagged relief of the Mafate cirque to soak up the historical magic of these places.
This route in the mountains of Reunion Island lasts about 6 hours for a distance of 12 kilometers and a positive and negative difference in altitude of 550 meters.
If I am not available, a colleague from the Bureau Montagne Réunion will be in charge of the supervision.
- Departure every Tuesday and Thursday.
- Guaranteed departure from the first registered.
- After 30 minutes of 4WD vehicle track in the bed of the Rivière des Galets, the trail begins with a succession of fords and then quickly rises to reach the Cayenne islet.
- Return via the footbridge which offers a 360 degree panorama overlooking waterfalls and pools.
- Be careful, this hike often requires participants to walk in the water! (water height under the knees)
- This route has a few fords and has a quite important difference in altitude for children. The minimum age recommended is 8 years.
- NOTE: in case of closure of the 4WD track, I will propose an alternative hike around Mafate.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- A snack with local drinks.
The price does not include
- Picnic lunch.
- The price of the 4WD taxi: 14€ per person.
- Transport (we endeavour to carpool when possible).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking