Sport canyon of the Neste d'Oô (Haute-Garonne)
from 45 € / p. from 1 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
In the heart of the Haute Garonne department and the Pyrenees massif, the canyon of the Neste d'Oô is a reference among the sport canyons accessible for half a day.
Located in the Luchon region, the Neste d'Oô has its source in the famous and magnificent lake of Oô. A mountain canyon carved out of the granite over the millennia, it offers everything you would expect from a canyoning activity. Jumps from 2 to 7 meters, abseils, natural slides and zip lines (not mandatory) are there to spice up your descent!
The course starts with a dry abseil of about ten meters then approaches a very aesthetic section. The obstacles follow one another, interspersed with walking sections, and make the descent aquatic and fun. The jumps arrive in beautiful basins with clear water, the zip lines make it possible to pass waterfalls very easily and a final small natural slide marks the end of the canyon.
Pleasure and sensations are guaranteed!
The meeting point is at the car park of the barns of Astau. From Bagnères-de-Luchon, take the road to the Col de Peyresourde, and after the village of Cazeaux-de-Larboust turn left towards the Lac d'Oô. Park on the large car park at the start of the Lac d'Oô hike.
About 1.5 hour drive from Toulouse and 15 minutes from Bagnères-de-Luchon.
- Meet at 9am at the car park for the morning groups.
- Meet at 1pm at the car park for the afternoon groups.
Duration of the activity:
- After a 30 minute shaded approach walk we arrive at the start of the canyon.
- The descent takes between 2 hour and 2.5 hours.
- At the end of the canyon there is a 10 minute walk back to the cars.
Things to bring:
- Swimming suit.
- Trainers (no water shoes).
- A bottle of water.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- The equipment necessary for the practice of the activity (neoprene suit, helmet, harness).
The price does not include
- Transport to the meeting point on the car park of the barns of Astau.
- Snacks ans drinks.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".