Barrosa canyon (Aragon)
from 45 € / p. from 1 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
Located in the Bielsa valley, on the Spanish side of the Pyrenees, the Barrosa canyon takes place in an amazing mountain environment and winds through the granite rocks of the Mont Perdu foothills.
In this complete and intense course, you will find all the ingredients of canyoning: abseils, slides, zip line and jumps (not mandatory). This descent requires to be at ease with heights and to have a good physical condition.
Between the swimming sections, the small jumps, abseils, the beautiful zip line and some natural slides in a wild gorge, you will cross four beautiful waterfalls. The first one offers a jump of 8 meters (optional) which lands in a beautiful basin. The second one is a long and beautiful 12 meters ejectable slide, one of the most famous in the Pyrenees, which flows into a crystal clear water basin. The third one allows a beautiful abseil of 18 meters and the last one a jump of 6 meters.
- Price per person: 50€.
- Reduced price for groups of 4 or more people: 45€.
If this very aesthetic canyon makes you want to discover others, why not let yourself be tempted by the very nearby Miraval canyon, the Viu de Llevata sports canyon or the Neste d'Oô route. You can also introduce your friends and family to canyoning in the Arlos canyon or perfect your skills on a canyoning course in the mythical Sierra de Guara.
The meeting point is on the Spanish side of the valley of Saint-Lary-Soulan. From Saint-Lary-Soulan, go up the valley towards Spain, pass the Bielsa tunnel and start going down the valley on the Spanish side. Pass a big curve and park at an old barn on the right side of the road. About 40 minutes of driving.
- Meet at the parking lot at 9am for morning groups.
- Meet at the parking lot at 1pm for afternoon groups.
Duration of the activity:
- A pleasant walk in the undergrowth of about twenty minutes brings us to the start of the canyon.
- The descent of the canyon of about 2 hours will bring us back to the cars.
Things to bring:
- Sneakers (no water shoes).
- One bottle of water per person.
- A picnic and snacks.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- Necessary equipment for the practice of the activity (neoprene wetsuit and socks, helmet, harness, belay device, etc.)
The price does not include
- Transport to the canyon (carpooling possible between participants).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking