Miraval canyon (Aragon)
from 65 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
The torrent of Miraval, which descends from the Mont Perdu, has carved a long limestone gorge that winds its way down the wild Escuain valley. This river is divided into several canyoning courses, adaptable according to the desires and the levels of the participants.
During this descent in the Yaga river, you will enjoy one of the most playful canyoning courses in the Pyrenees. It is a very complete canyon that I propose to you, with spectacular passages in narrow gorges. The lower part is more aquatic and easier.
In short, many jumps in deep basins (up to 8 to 10 meters high but never mandatory), slides and beautiful swimming parts in turquoise water are waiting for you all along this magnificent canyon.
- Price per person: 70€.
- Reduced price for groups of 4 or more people: 65€.
If this very aesthetic canyon makes you want to discover others, why not let yourself be tempted by the very nearby Barrosa canyon?
The meeting point is at the roadside in the village of Hospital de Tella, on the Spanish side. From Saint-Lary-Soulan, go to Spain through the Bielsa tunnel. On the Spanish side, drive down the valley to the village of Hospital de Tella and park in the parking lot on the right side of the road, just before the Rio Yaga bridge. It takes about an hour to drive there.
Schedule: Meet at 9am on the parking lot.
Duration of the activity:
- From the parking lot, a shuttle bus will take you to the start of the approach walk.
- A short downhill walk of about 15 minutes will bring us to the start of the canyon.
- The descent of the canyon takes about 4 hours and we will return to the cars directly.
Things to bring:
- Sneakers (no water shoes).
- One bottle of water per person.
- A picnic and snacks.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- Necessary equipment for the practice of the activity (neoprene wetsuit and socks, helmet, harness, waterproof bags and canisters, etc.)
The price does not include
- Transport to the canyon (carpooling possible between participants).
- Picnic, snacks and drinks.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking