Thaurac via ferrata (Hérault)
from 35 € / p. from 2 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
Located in the Hérault gorges, not far from Montpellier and next to the Grotte des Demoiselles, the via ferrata of Thaurac is one of the longest and most beautiful in Occitanie. It is the great classic of the Hérault department: beautiful, aerial, accessible to all and yet very impressive!
This very nice vertiginous route concentrates everything you can find in via ferrata. With its unique panorama, between the Pic Saint-Loup and the Mont Aigoual, it offers a vertical walk in the middle of the wall and in natural cavities, which gives it a special atmosphere between caving and climbing.
Varied, fun and sensational, it includes many vertical parts on bars, with also cable bridges, abseils, underground passages, zip line, pendular jump... all with a panoramic view overlooking the river Hérault and the Cevennes.
The Thaurac via ferrata has two distinct parts:
- Part 1: "The two chimneys" (one hour).
The itinerary starts with a vertical and underground chimney then branches off towards a crossing that leads to a zip line. At the end of this one it is necessary to follow the continuation of the chimney to go out in full cliff then to borrow the way which leads to the second section.
- Part 2: "The Tiger's Palm" (one hour).
The continuation starts in the Baume Percée with its cable bridge. Then you cross and climb the Thaurac tower above the baume du Tigre. Another cable bridge crosses the impasse of the Baume and a last climb, a little more physical, leads you to the finish, at the top of the Thaurac plateau.
If you want to go on another vertical adventure in Herault, don't miss the via ferrata of Vidourle which allows you to evolve between cliff and aquatic environment without getting wet!
- Meet at the parking lot of the Demoiselles cave in the town of Saint-Bauzille-de-Putois, a half-hour drive from Montpellier.
- Approximately 20 minutes of approach walking to reach the start of the via.
- A good hour to climb each section of the via ferrata.
- About 15 minutes walk back to the parking lot.
- The route can be adapted to warm days by favouring passages in shady areas and underground cavities.
- It is also possible to plan a departure at the end of the day in order to enjoy the sunset from the top of the massif.
- Comfortable clothing and sport shoes are recommended.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- All the equipment necessary for the activity (harness, helmet, via ferrata lanyard with energy absorber, pulley, etc.).
|Number of participants||2||3||4 & more|
|Price per person||45€||40€||35€|
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Saint-Beauzille-de-Puthois.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking