MTB wine ride: the côte de Nuits vineyard (Burgundy)
Duration : ½ day
Level : from easy or intermediate
from 39 € / p. from 2 to 30 personsInfos & Booking
Go for an original discovery of the famous vineyard of the Côte de Nuits in Burgundy!
I propose you a mountain bike wine ride in the vineyards of the Côte de Nuits, "1er Cru" (1st vintage) or "Grand Cru" (great vintage). You will follow a daring route to escape and immerse yourself in the hillsides, the winegrowers' villages and the parcels of 1er and grand cru.
Through state forests and rocky plateaus, you will ride on the paths, valleys, descents and byways that I have selected for their interest and for the 360 degree panoramas they offer on the Burgundy vineyards. I will share with you my knowledge of the "climats" of Burgundy, the great wines and the terroirs.
This mountain bike ride is accessible to all ages. The route is easy and flat, on little used roads and stabilized paths, along the vineyards. It does not require physical fitness. Commented breaks are provided along the way.
Here are the villages and appellations crossed by the two routes:
- The côte de Nuits 1er cru : Marsannay, Couchey, Fixin, Gevrey-Chambertin.
- The côte de Nuits grand cru : Vosne-Romané, Vougeot, Chambolle-Musigny, Morey-Saint-Denis.
Characteristics of each of the routes:
- Maximum distance: 25 kilometers.
- Maximum duration : 2.5 to 3 hours.
- Choice of course : easy or medium.
- Level required : good behaviour and ease on a mountain bike.
It is possible to combine the two routes for a full day mountain bike ride (contact me for more information).
You want to continue to discover Burgundy by mountain bike? Don't miss this mountain bike ride to discover the wilderness of the Auxois!
- Meeting point:
- Côte de Nuits 1er cru tour: meet in Chenôve (Dijon south), parking on the spot or access by tramway in 10 minutes from Dijon.
- Côte de Nuits Grand Cru tour: meet in Nuits-Saint-Georges, parking lot of the cemetery.
- Equipment of the participants: helmets and bikes.
- Explanation of safety instructions.
- Mini workshop of piloting / speed.
- Departure for the mountain bike ride in a loop.
- Wine or fruit juice tasting (optional).
- Return to the starting point.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain bike instructor, who is also a wine guide.
- A semi-rigid mountain bike.
- Possibility of having an electrically assisted mountain bike (with supplement).
- A bottle of water.
- A helmet.
- Optional: a wine tasting in the vineyard.
- 2 wines: from 6€/person.
- 3 to 5 wines including one or two 1er cru : from 10€/person.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point in Chenôve or Nuits-Saint-Georges.
- Suitable sportswear with sneakers.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking