Furon canyon, upper part (Grenoble, Vercors)
Duration : ½ day
France, Northern Alps
Level : easy
from 50 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
The Furon canyon in its upper part is very accessible from Grenoble, Lyon and Valence. Located in the Vercors massif, this natural canyon offers you a magnificent mix of jumps, slides and abseils for a very playful descent.
This course is the ideal choice for an introduction to the pleasures of canyoning. It is also very suitable for a bachelor or bachelorette party. You can also do it with your family and your children (from 9 years old).
After an approach walk in the undergrowth, the descent of the canyon begins gently with a first part of "warming up" including small jumps, slides and passages under rocks. Then come the more substantial obstacles, such as jumps up to 6 meters high (not mandatory) and a beautiful zip line of about ten meters. The final part is the most sportive and the most aesthetic and proposes jumps up to 9 meters high (always optional) in big basins, slides, abseils and siphons in a green and deep atmosphere. A refreshing and unforgettable half day!
After this descent, it is possible to continue on the lower part of the Furon canyon, for a beautiful one-day descent.
If you want to do other canyoning descents in the Vercors massif, you can follow me in the Versoud canyon, in the lower part of the Écouges canyon or, for the more sportive and experienced, in the complete descent of the Écouges canyon.
- Meet us on the road going up to the Vercors massif from Sassenage, only a few minutes drive from Grenoble.
- Departure in the morning or in the afternoon.
- Approach walk: 5 minutes.
- Walk back: 10 minutes.
- Duration of the activity: 3 hours.
- Negative altitude difference: 100 meters.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- Loan of the material necessary for the practice of the activity: neoprene wetsuit, helmet, harness, lanyards, neoprene socks.
- Professional liability insurance.
- Price: 50€ / pax, 45€ from 6 persons.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting place between Grenoble and Lans-en-Vercors.
- Personal equipment to bring: swimming suit, sneakers, towel.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking