Furon canyon, lower part (Grenoble, Vercors)
from 50 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
The lower part of the Furon canyon is the most accessible canyon around Grenoble, but also around Lyon and Valence.
This canyon is particularly famous for its abseils and its passages under rocks. The sequence of the two final waterfalls makes it one of the most technically interesting canyons around Grenoble. In this canyon it is also possible to try some jumps (never mandatory in canyoning) of 2, 4, 6 and 9 meters high! You will find here everything to spice up a "bachelor/bachelorette party" outing. And with a canyoning instructor you can discover the activity with your friends or with family and children (from 9 years old). An "express" outing is also possible for groups (Work council outing after work, etc.).
After a pleasant approach walk in the undergrowth that goes up the canyon and passes near the entrance of the Sassenage vats, the descent begins with a small jump and then an abseil that leads under a natural arch formed by a stuck boulder. The course continues with a short walking, some slides, a non mandatory siphon until arriving at the beautiful abseil of 20 meters, which allows to cross a magnificent tuff waterfall. The next part of the trip is full of thrills, with several jumps up to 9 meters high, always optional, before the short final walk that drops you off next to the parking lot.
Before this descent, it is possible to start with the upper part of the Furon canyon, for a nice and complete one-day descent.
If you want to discover other beautiful canyoning descents in the Vercors massif, you can follow me in the lower part of the Versoud canyon, in the lower part of the Écouges canyon or, for the more sportive and experienced, in the complete descent of this Écouges canyon.
- Meeting in the centre of Sassenage, only a few minutes drive from Grenoble.
- Departure in the morning or in the afternoon.
- Approach walk: 15 minutes.
- Walk back: 2 minutes.
- Duration of the activity: about 3 hours.
- Negative altitude difference: 200 meters.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- Loan of the material necessary for the practice of the activity: neoprene wetsuit, helmet, harness, lanyards, neoprene socks.
- Professional liability insurance.
- Price: 50€ / person, 45€ from 6 persons.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point in Sassenage.
- Personal equipment to bring: swimming suit, sneakers, towel.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking