Versoud canyon, lower part (Vercors)
from 50 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Hidden in the undergrowth at the edge of the national road between Grenoble and Valence, the Versoud canyon is ideal for an introduction to canyoning with friends or family with children. This deep gorge offers a succession of jumps, slides and abseils in suspended basins.
Located in Isère, in the foothills of the Vercors massif, this canyon is one of the first in condition: the water flow allows to descend the canyon from the beginning of May. The Versoud canyon allows you to familiarize yourself with the pleasures of verticality in turquoise water and in complete safety.
The descent starts with a beautiful sequence of waterfalls in which the abseils are easy because there is little water at the end. The course is perfectly adapted for a discovery of canyoning, because the difficulty increases progressively as the course goes on and leaves you time to familiarize yourself with the height. The itinerary continues with two beautiful natural pools that follow each other and allow each person in the group to try jumps of 3, 6 or 8 meters high (never mandatory). This section is the most beautiful and the most fun of the canyon. The next section leads to a beautiful zip line and a series of slides and small jumps before finishing. It is possible at the end of the course to make some passages under rock very funny for the children.
If you are interested in other canyoning descents in the Vercors massif, you can follow me in the nearby lower part of the Ecouges canyon (or even in the full descent), in the lower part of the Furon canyon or in the upper part of this Furon canyon.
- Meeting above the road between La Rivière and Saint-Gervais, less than one hour drive from Grenoble or Valence.
- Departure in the morning or in the afternoon.
- Approach walk: 10 minutes.
- Walk back: 1 minutes.
- Duration of the activity: 2.5 hours.
- Negative altitude difference: 200 meters.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- Loan of the material necessary for the practice of the activity: neoprene wetsuit, helmet, harness, lanyards, neoprene socks.
- Professional liability insurance.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting place above La Rivière and Saint-Gervais (Zip code 38470), between Grenoble and Valence.
- Personal equipment to bring: swimming suit, sneakers, towel.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking