Écouges canyon, full descent (Vercors)
from 120 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Going down the entire canyon of the Écouges is an experience that you will never forget. This descent is the most complete of the canyoning activity that we can find in the Vercors massif. This canyon is also one of the most beautiful in France,
There is nothing missing along this spectacular itinerary: abseils (up to 65 meters high), jumps (never mandatory in canyoning), slides, abseils / slides, a siphon, a passage under the rock and even the picnic in the middle of the canyon. This descent is sustained and reserved for sports people having already a good experience of abseiling.
The day starts with the upper part of the Écouges, with a succession of 13 abseils, the last of which is 65 meters high. These abseils often take place under waterfalls, and are very deep in a magnificent gorge about a hundred meters. Then we go on to the second part of the Écouges canyon, which is more fun, less technical, but still very wild. In total, the canyon can be descended in about 8 hours.
If you want to discover other canyoning descents in the Vercors massif, you can follow me in the lower part of the Versoud canyon, in the lower part of the Furon canyon or in the upper part of this Furon canyon.
- Meeting on the road climbing in the Verscors massif from Saint-Gervais (postal code 38470), less than one hour drive from Grenoble or Valence.
- Departure in the morning.
- Approach walk: 5 minutes.
- Walk back: 25 minutes.
- Duration of the activity: about 8 hours.
- Negative altitude difference: 500 meters.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- Loan of the material necessary for the practice of the activity: neoprene wetsuit, helmet, harness, lanyards, neoprene socks.
- Professional liability insurance.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point above the village of Saint-Gervais (postal code 38470), between Grenoble and Valence.
- Personal equipment to bring: swimming suit, sneakers, towel.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking