Hiking & photo in the fjords and highlands of Iceland
from 3380 € / p. from 4 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
During this trip, I propose you to discover a little frequented Iceland, wilder, very rural, between fjords and fishing. You will visit two national parks with a strong naturalistic interest with the program to observe seals, polar foxes, puffins and many other birds.
During this 12 days and 11 nights trip, you will live 11 days of roaming along a circuit that goes up the west coast and its fjords to the northern tip, before going down south by the interior of the highlands and the "golden circle", to finish by the Reykjanes peninsula. Thanks to the 4WD vehicle, we will be able to reach exceptional sites which make the fame of Iceland. I chose the month of June because of the strong animal activity and to bring back magnificent images.
If you are interested in photo trips, why not let yourself be tempted by these stays in the countryside of Tuscany, in the Gran Paradiso National Park, in the sea and mountain atmosphere of Corsica or in Bardenas desert in Spain?
Here are the stages and highlights of this trip in detail:
- Drive along the west coast:
- meeting with seals,
- the waterfall of Bjarnafoss,
- Arnastapi, a coastal hamlet at the foot of Mount Stapfell,
- the volcanic peak of Londrangar,
- the mountain of Kirkjufell,
- the cliffs of Latrabjarg and the unimaginable beach of Raudarsandur,
- the waterfall of Dyniandi,
- Arnafjordur fjord,
- visit of the polar fox museum,
- visit of a herring factory in Djupavik.
- Descent to the south through a part of the "highlands":
- Brifrost crater,
- the exceptional sites of the "golden circle" with geysers, volcanoes, lakes, waterfalls.
- The Reykjaness peninsula in the south:
- the hot springs of Gunnuhver and Reykjanes Viti,
- the waterfall of Haifoss.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader, professional photographer and trainer for 20 years.
- Supervision by Mattéo, the geologist guide.
- Full board accommodation.
- Transport by off-road vehicle.
- Visits of the proposed sites.
- Access to the hot baths.
The price does not include
- Return flights to Iceland (contact me before booking your tickets for a better choice of timetables, tares around 400€).
- Cancellation insurance.
- Personal expenses.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Guesthouse, bungalow, appartment ou hut.
- In shared room.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking