Riolan canyon (Sigale, Alpes-Maritimes)
from 70 € / p. from 6 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
In the heart of the Regional Natural Park of the Pre-Alps of the French Riviera, the Clue du Riolan offers without any doubt one of the most amazing canyoning courses of the Southern Alps.
Located in the Esteron valley, the Riolan canyon is a real cut in the limestone, as it is enclosed in impressive walls 200 meters high. The course is mineral, sculpted and majestic. The long reaches with emerald green water alternate with turquoise blue pools, semi-subterranean passages with subdued light, abseils, slides and jumps (from 3 to 10 meters high, not mandatory, except for the 3 meters high one). It is the ideal place to discover the geological wonders of the Nice hinterland. In these grandiose landscapes, the descent is very playful and aquatic, in a rather hot weather.
The first part of the canyon is very varied, starting with an abseil along a waterfall about ten meters high, then mixing swimming, jumps, slides and other abseiling. After about 2 hours, it's time for a picnic break on large limestone slabs in the center of a magnificent sunny rocky cirque.
The adventure continues with a beautiful 6 meters jump (for the most daring) followed by the most deep part of the canyon. Then there are jumps in the turquoise water, water slides and abseiling, in the heart of an exceptional environment. The final part consists of a long narrow passage where the sun's rays enhance the color contrasts. The arrival is at the Riolan bridge, where you find the vehicles left here in the morning before the shuttle.
The amateurs of strong sensations will be filled by this canyoning outing, just like the less reckless ones who will be able to admire the breathtaking beauty of this canyon.
If you are looking for other canyoning descents in incredible environments, why not go to the beautiful and nearby canyon of Gours du Ray, canyon of Saint-Auban or the aquatic hike of the Gorges du Loup?
- Meeting point near Sigale, one hour drive from Castellane and 1 hour 30 from Grasse.
- 5 minutes' car shuttle.
- Approach walk of 15 minutes to reach the start of the canyon.
- About 4 hours of canyoning descent.
- Almost no walk back to the parking lot.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- Technical equipment necessary for the practice of the activity: helmet, neoprene suit, harness, belay device, etc.
- Backpack and waterproof canister for snacks and personal effects.
- Personal accident insurance.
The price does not include
- Transport to the meeting point near Sigale.
- A bottle of water.
- Picnic lunch and snacks in case of hunger.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear, eyeglass cords, waterproof phone pouch.
- Insurance for loss of personal belongings.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking