Gours du Ray canyon (Gréolières, Alpes-Maritimes)
Duration : ½ day
France, Southern Alps, Provence
Level : discovery to sporty, be able to walk 20 minutes uphill
from 50 € / p. from 6 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Join me to discover the canyon of Gours du Ray, perfect for the discovery of the canyoning activity in family or with friends!
In the wild environment of the Loup valley and in the heart of the Alpes-Maritimes, the Gours du Ray canyon is a small and hidden canyon located in the middle of a green and wooded valley, at the exit of the village of Gréolières. This playful initiation course is perfect to learn how to abseil, slide on natural toboggans and enjoy jumps of different heights (from 2 to 10 meters and never mandatory) in beautiful deep pools with clear water. Everyone will find his or her happiness during this magnificent canyoning descent!
After the distribution of the individual equipment and a short approach walk, it's time to have fun. A first abseil of 4 meters allows you to get into the swing of things, then the obstacles follow one another in a progressive way: jumps, slides and more important abseils. In the second half of the descent you reach a pool where the highest jumps await you... up to 10 meters for the most daring! A very playful passage under a waterfall allows the non jumpers to go down in an original way and the most excited ones to jump up several times. A last technical section with a beautiful slide-abseil of about ten meters will drop you in a turquoise basin ideal for a last swim surrounded by a luxuriant vegetation. After having removed your equipment and packed a backpack with your wetsuit, you have to walk on a nice path in the undergrowth to find your vehicle.
If you are looking for other canyoning descents in incredible environments, why not go to the beautiful and nearby canyon of Riolan, canyon of Saint-Auban or the aquatic hike of the Gorges du Loup?
- Meet near Gréolières, 50 minutes drive from Castellane and 40 minutes from Grasse.
- 10 minutes of approach walking to reach the entrance of the canyon.
- About 2 hours of activity.
- A 20 minutes return walking in the undergrowth to get back to the parking lot.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- Technical equipment necessary for the practice of the activity: helmet, neoprene suit, harness, belay device, etc.
- Personal accident insurance.
The price does not include
- Transport to the meeting point in Gréolières.
- A bottle of water.
- Snacks in case of hunger.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear, eyeglass cords, waterproof phone pouch.
- Insurance for loss of personal belongings.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking