Bollène canyon (Vésubie, Alpes-MAritimes)
from 70 € / p. from 6 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
The canyon of Bollène, also called Riou de la Bollène, is the most playful canyon of the Vésubie valley. It is also one of the most famous of the Alpes-Maritimes.
At the foot of the Turini coniferous forest, the magnificent course takes place in a green environment. Here, the jumps, slides and abseils are interspersed with parts of contemplative walk in a forest of an amazing greenery: the trees as well as some waterfalls are covered with moss, which creates a really exceptional setting, a must see!
This itinerary has the particularity of having three gorges, each with its own characteristics: the first one with its numerous jumps, the second one with its giant slides, and finally the last one with its technical abseils.
The adventure begins with a river walk, interspersed with slides and jumps. You will discover the tropical atmosphere of the course with tuff waterfalls (porous rock in formation) and a luxuriant vegetation. The canyon narrows with impressive natural obstacles. Jumps (up to 7 meters high but not mandatory beyond 2 meters), abseils, swimming and walking follow one another for two hours until the first giant slide, quickly followed by another, both reputed to be among the largest in France (with 10 and 15 meters high). An impressive jump drops you in a pool where we have a picnic.
After the break, a last slide, smaller jumps (but just as much fun since you can try without risk the most crazy acrobatics), some walking and swimming in long pools are waiting for you. You finally arrive at a succession of 3 abseils, the last of which is surprising since it is made in a hole located between a huge limestone block and the rock face.
If you enjoy vertical activities in beautiful environments, I also recommend the nearby via ferrata of the Lantosque canyons. I am sure you will love it!
- Meet near the village of La Bollène-Vésubie, about an hour drive from Nice and 20 minutes from Saint-Martin-de-Vésubie.
- Car shuttle and 10 minutes of approach walking to reach the start of the canyon.
- About 4 hours of canyoning.
- 10 minutes walk back to the parking lot.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- Technical equipment necessary for the practice of the activity: helmet, neoprene suit, harness, belay device, etc.
- Backpack and waterproof canister for snacks and personal effects.
- Personal accident insurance.
The price does not include
- Transport to the meeting point near La Bollène-Vésubie.
- A bottle of water.
- Picnic lunch and snacks in case of hunger.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear, eyeglass cords, waterproof phone pouch.
- Insurance for loss of personal belongings.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking