Mainmorte dry canyon (Verdon gorges)
from 70 € / p. from 4 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Located near La Palud-sur-Verdon in the Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, the dry canyon of Mainmorte consists of a magnificent and vertiginous course, composed of two distinct parts: first the descent of a dry canyon, followed by the ascent of a via corda which brings you back to the car park. It is one of the most beautiful canyons in Provence! Indeed, the encaissement and the atmosphere are exceptional. It will make you discover the spectacular Gorges du Verdon in an original and sublime way.
The day begins on the Bastidon path, allowing to guess and admire the Mainmorte ravine from a plunging view. It continues with a little walk in the canyon, an immense and very aesthetic crack which winds in these limestone rocks. The atmosphere is very mineral, at the limit of caving. The vertical sections are then descended by abseiling (about ten, from 3 to 20 meters high) and with zip lines (two of moderate length) above deep basins.
Just before a last big abseil of 50 meters dropping into the Verdon, it is time to turn left to start the ascent of the via corda (also called via cordata). This one offers an impressive easy climbing course on nearly 300 meters of positive difference in altitude, and in total security. Several hundred meters above the river, you progress on the cliff thanks to the natural holds. The views are exceptional and the atmosphere is breathtaking. What to live a complete day which will mark the spirits, for an incredible discovery of the gorges of the Verdon!
And if you like vertical activities with sensations, why not go to the nearby via corda of the Trou du renard? You will also enjoy incredible and spectacular views of these magnificent gorges
- Meet at La Palud-sur-Verdon, about an hour drive south of Digne-les-Bains.
- 15 minutes of approach walking to reach the start of the canyon.
- Approximately 5 hours minutes of activity.
- 45 minutes of return walking back to the car park.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- The equipment necessary to practice the activity: harness, helmet, lanyards, pulley...
The price does not include
- Transport to the meeting point in La Palud-sur-Verdon.
- A bottle of water.
- Picnic lunch and snacks in case of hunger.
- Appropriate clothing and shoes.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking