Saint-Auban canyon (Alpes-Maritimes)
from 50 € / p. from 6 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
At the border of the departments of Alpes-de-Haute-Provence and Alpes-Maritimes, the clue of Saint-Auban offers you an aquatic and playful canyoning session in an exceptional environment. Indeed, the itinerary takes place on the Esteron river, very steep at this place because dominated by cliffs of more than 100 meters high. It offers a sequence of jumps, slides and abseiling, interspersed with white water swimming areas and some river walking.
After the distribution of the individual equipment and the organization of a short shuttle to avoid the return walk, it is time to launch out in the canyon, in the heart of the Regional Natural Park of the pre-Alps of the French Riviera. After a first slide, you will go through a series of jumps, up to 7 meters high but never mandatory beyond 3 meters, and other obstacles including a 20 meters waterfall. The descent is rhythmic until the arrival where a natural pool awaits you in which the motivated ones will be able to jump and re-jump from a height of 4 to 5 meters, and try figures until exhaustion while the others take photos or a sun bath.
This sporty canyon is accessible to beginners, but it will also delight the most experienced thanks to its playful and very complete character.
Important: as specified in the prefectural decree, canyoning in the Saint-Auban clue is only authorized from April 1st to October 31st, and only on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
If you are looking for other canyoning descents in incredible environments, why not go to the beautiful and nearby canyon of Riolan, canyon of the Gours du Ray or the aquatic hike of the Gorges du Loup?
- Meeting point in Saint-Auban, 30 minutes drive from Castellane and one hour from Grasse.
- A few minutes walk to reach the start of the canyon.
- About 2 hours of activity.
- Return walk of 5 minutes to the parking lot.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- Technical equipment necessary for the practice of the activity: helmet, neoprene suit, harness, belay device, etc.
- Personal accident insurance.
The price does not include
- Transport to the meeting point in Saint-Auban.
- A bottle of water.
- Picnic lunch and snacks in case of hunger.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear, eyeglass cords, waterproof phone pouch.
- Insurance for loss of personal belongings.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking