La Canourgue via corda (Lozère)
from 32 € / p. from 3 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Between rock climbing and via ferrata, the via corda of La Canourgue in Lozere takes you to the heights on a secure route particularly adapted to beginners and families.
In this activity, the progression is similar to that of the via ferrata: each participant has a system of lanyards attached to his/her harness that allows him/her to secure himself/herself on a rope (rather than on a cable as in the via ferrata). The metal bars are quite rare here: in via corda we prefer to climb using natural holds in the rock, and that's good because there are many ones all along this itinerary!
Two different routes are possible. They allow to adjust the difficulty to the level of the participants. The final and spectacular "spider wire" abseil is common to both routes and it allows to finish this via corda of La Canourgue in beauty and with thrills!
To sum up, I propose you a beautiful outing in the middle of nature and accessible to all!
And if you like vertical routes, I can also accompany you on the very nearby via ferrata of Roqueprins, very spectacular with its vertiginous atmosphere and its unique views of the village of La Canourgue and the foothills of the Aubrac.
- Meet in the village of La Canourgue, 45 minutes drive from Mende, 1 hour from Rodez or 1 hour 45 minutes from Montpellier.
- 15 minutes of approach walking to reach the departure of the via corda.
- Duration of the course including abseiling: about 2 hours.
- 15 minutes of return walking to the parking lot.
Please come equiped: sneakers, small backpack, water. Depending on the weather: rain jacket, sun cream, etc.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Specific gear for the activity (harness, helmet, ropes, via ferrata lanyards with shock absorber, belay device, etc.) which is recent, regularly checked and compliant with the requirements of French and European standards.
|Standard rate||Rate for a reservation of 4 persons and more|
The price does not include
- Transport to La Canourgue in Lozere department (contact me for any particular request).
- Picnic lunch and drinks.
- Civil liability and personal accident insurance for climbing and associated disciplines (if you are not already covered for these activities by your insurance, you can take out additional insurance with the FFME, FFCAM, etc.).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking