Liaucous via ferrata in the Tarn gorges (Aveyron)
Duration : ½ day
France, Massif Central, Occitania
Level : from somewhat difficult to extremely difficult
from 40 € / p. from 2 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
25 minutes drive from Millau in the Aveyron, the via ferrata of Liaucous offers two routes through surprising rock formations.
Between climbing and hiking, you will progress on vertiginous passages while being secured on a cable and with the help of various elements of progression: bars, steps, cables, footbridges, zip-line... Equipped with a harness, a helmet, a pulley and via ferrata lanyards, you will cross the obstacles in complete safety to discover unique viewpoints.
The route can be adapted to the level of each person: the less difficult route is mainly on the side of a cliff, while the other route, which is considered extremely difficult, exploits magnificent overhanging areas that will not leave your arms indifferent!
The sections in common include numerous cable bridges (crossings above the void on 3 cables). You will also pass through a cave, over a footbridge and slide down the zip-line (not mandatory)!
The via ferrata of Liaucous profits moreover from an undeniable aesthetic aspect and the walks of approach and return are a real treat on the ledges of the Causse de Sauveterre, in the middle of an enormous chaos of ruiniform rocks.
Please come equipped: sneakers, small backpack, water, possibly gloves. And depending on the weather: rain jacket, sun cream, etc.
If you enjoy this experience, why not go to the nearby via ferrata of Boffi and enjoy its beautiful views and its two long zip lines?
- Appointment on the car park of the via ferrata, in Liaucous village, at 8.30am (for afternoon session, appointment by phone only).
- After a 15-minute hike, you will reach the joint start of the two routes, which will be interspersed three times, thus allowing for the best possible adaptation to the level of the participants.
- The route of the via takes about 3 hours.
- A 45-minute return walk takes you back to the car park.
- Plan for a total of 4 hours of activity.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Specific gear for via ferrata (harness, pulley, helmet and via ferrata lanyard with energy absorber) which is recent, regularly checked and compliant with the requirements of French and European standards.
Standard rate: 45 €/person.
Discount rate (for groups of 4 people and more): 40€/person.
The price does not include
- Transport (contact me for special request).
- Picnic lunch and drinks.
- Civil liability and personal accident insurance for climbing and associated disciplines (if you are not already covered for these activities by your insurance, you can take out additional insurance with the FFME, FFCAM, etc.).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking