Liaucous via ferrata in the Tarn gorges (Aveyron)
from 40 € / p. from 2 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
25 minutes drive from Millau in the Aveyron, the via ferrata of Liaucous offers two routes through surprising rock formations.
Between climbing and hiking, you evolve on vertiginous passages while being secured on a cable and with the help of various elements of progression: bars, steps, cables, footbridges, zip-line... Equipped with a harness, a helmet, a pulley and via ferrata lanyards, you cross the obstacles in complete safety to discover unique viewpoints.
The route can be adapted to the level of each person: the less difficult route is mainly on the side of a cliff, while the other route, which is considered extremely difficult, exploits magnificent overhanging areas that will not leave your arms indifferent!
The sections in common include numerous cable bridges (crossings above the void on 3 cables). You will also pass through a cave, over a footbridge and slide down the zip-line (not mandatory)!
The via ferrata of Liaucous profits moreover from an undeniable aesthetic aspect and the approach and return walks are a real treat on the ledges of the Causse de Sauveterre, in the middle of an enormous chaos of ruiniform rocks.
Please come equipped: sneakers, small backpack, water, possibly gloves. And depending on the weather: rain jacket, sun cream, etc.
If you enjoy this experience, why not go to the nearby Boffi via ferrata and enjoy its beautiful views and its two long zip lines?
You can also follow me on other more remote routes:
- Rochefort via ferrata in Florac,
- Roqueprins via ferrata in La Canourgue,
- Malzieu-Ville via ferrata,
- Mende Cœur de Lozère via ferrata,
- or Tapoul gorges via ferrata.
- Appointment on the parkinf lot of the via ferrata, in Liaucous village, at 8.30am (for afternoon session, appointment by phone only).
- After a 15-minute hike, you reach the common start of the two routes, which interwave three times, thus allowing for the best possible adaptation to the level of the participants.
- Duration to climb the via ferrata: about 3 hours.
- A 45-minute return walk takes you back to the parking lot.
- Plan for a total of 4 hours of activity.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Specific gear for via ferrata (harness, pulley, helmet and via ferrata lanyard with energy absorber) which is recent, regularly checked and compliant with the requirements of French and European standards.
Standard rate: 45 €/person.
Discount rate (for groups of 4 people and more): 40€/person.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Liaucous (contact me for special request).
- Civil liability and personal accident insurance for climbing and associated disciplines (if you are not already covered for these activities by your insurance, you can take out additional insurance with the FFME, FFCAM, etc.).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking