Roqueprins via ferrata in La Canourgue (Lozère)
Duration : ½ day
France, Massif Central, Occitania
Level : from fairly difficult to difficult
from 36 € / p. from 3 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
In an exceptional and vertiginous environment, the Roqueprins via ferrata offers different fun routes on the rocky bastions located 350 meters above the village of La Canourgue in Lozère.
Between climbing and hiking, you will progress on vertiginous passages while being secured on a cable and by helping you with various elements of progression: bars, steps, cables, cable bridges, zip-line... Equipped with a harness, a helmet, a pulley and via ferrata lanyards, you will cross the obstacles to discover unique points of view of the village of La Canourgue and the foothills of the Aubrac.
The outing will be adapted to the level of each: the AD (somewhat difficult) route allows you to discover the activity and to get your bearings with the height without too much difficulty. The D (difficult) course, which is deliberately not very well bolted, allows the most adventurous to challenge themselves in the vertical net of 11 meters facing the void.
The via ferrata starts with a 30 meter zigzag vertical descent to reach the first monolith. The two options, easy and difficult, are then offered to you (the difficult one proposes a vertiginous atmosphere and a more technical progression with more natural holds) until they meet to cross the large footbridge of 30 meters, located at about fifty meters of the ground. Then it is still possible to choose between the difficult vertical net and the easier route to arrive at the long Nepalese bridge of 35 meters. Then come various Nepalese and cable bridges with different difficulties, as well as the zip-line which is optional.
Please come equipped: sneakers, small backpack, water, possibly gloves. And depending on the weather: rain jacket, sun cream, etc.
If you enjoy this experience, why not visit the other via ferrata in Lozère nearby:
- The via ferrata of Mende Cœur de Lozère and its zip lines.
- The via ferrata of the Tapoul gorges, adapted to families and taking place in a bucolic environment.
- The via ferrata of Rochefort in Florac, extremely difficult and impressive.
- The Malzieu-Ville via ferrata in the beautiful Truyère gorges.
Or in a slightly different style, you can try the via corda located in the same village, with its beautiful abseiling.
- Meet at the via ferrata car park, next to the antenna of Roqueprins (about 20 minutes drive from the village of La Canourgue).
- The departure of the via is located at the car park.
- The route lasts about 2 hours.
- The arrival is also at the level of the car park.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Specific gear for via ferrata (harness, pulley, helmet and via ferrata lanyard with energy absorber) which is recent, regularly checked and compliant with the requirements of French and European standards.
Standard rate: 40€/person.
Discount rate (for groups of 4 people and more): 37€/person.
The price does not include
- Transport (contact me for special request).
- Picnic lunch and drinks.
- Civil liability and personal accident insurance for climbing and associated disciplines (if you are not already covered for these activities by your insurance, you can take out additional insurance with the FFME, FFCAM, etc.).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking