Rochefort via ferrata (Florac, Lozère)
from 50 € / p. from 3 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
It's difficult not to be impressed by the via ferrata of Rochefort located above the village of Florac and on the ledges of the Causse Mejean in Lozère.
Vertiginous, vertiginous and more vertiginous! You will arrive at the departure of the via ferrata by taking a path which leads you above rock formations of about a hundred meters high which will serve as a support for the outing. The void will be omnipresent, especially if you choose the difficulty level.
Arms, arms and more arms! Even on the common part, the route requires a good physical condition. Different tips will allow you climb spending less energy. The difficult route even offers an extremely difficult section in a very overhanging wall at the end. This route is one of the hardest via ferrata in France (maybe event the hardest one!).
Not to mention the fact that you will surely be flown over by vultures and that you will enjoy a magnificent panorama of the mountains and the surrounding countryside...
Please come equipped: sneakers, small backpack, water, possibly gloves. And depending on the weather: rain jacket, sun cream, etc.
If you enjoy this experience, why not visit the other via ferrata in Lozère nearby:
- The via ferrata of the Tapoul gorges, adapted to families and taking place in a bucolic environment.
- The via ferrata of Mende Cœur de Lozère and its zip lines.
- The via ferrata of Roqueprins in La Canourgue, particularly vertiginous.
- The Malzieu-Ville via ferrata in the beautiful Truyère gorges.
- Via ferrata for the day.
The meeting point is usually at 10am at the car park.
- From the car park at the Pierre Plate pass, we take a path that runs the ledges for half an hour and offers a splendid view of the Causse Mejean and the Mont Lozère.
- The course can then be divided into three parts:
- The departure: Sporty departure during a few meters then easier if you choose the difficult route. A large footbridge allows us to reach the next part.
- Ron de Picar: The difficult route requires long vertiginous crossings while the easy route makes it possible to arrive at the start of the zip-line with less effort.
Here we can stop and picnic comfortably above the via ferrata.
- Rochefort pillar: We resume the course with the 50-meter long zip-line (not mandatory) then we cross the pillar of Rochefort on a mid-level ledge until we choose between 3 difficulties: the ED route (extremly difficult) with the famous sporty overhang, the TD one (very difficult) right next to it but less steep, or the D one (difficult) which follows an easier canyon.
- There is a possibility of abseiling at the end of the route.
- The return walk takes us back to the car park in 30 minutes.
- It takes between about 5 hours of activity for the complete route including abseiling.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Specific gear for via ferrata (harness, pulley, helmet and via ferrata lanyard with energy absorber) which is recent, regularly checked and compliant with the requirements of French and European standards.
Standard rate: 55€/person.
Discount rate (for groups of 4 people and more): 50€/person.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Florac (ask me for any special request).
- Picnic lunch and drinks.
- Civil liability and personal accident insurance for climbing and associated disciplines (if you are not already covered for these activities by your insurance, you can take out additional insurance with the FFME, FFCAM, etc.).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking