Mende Cœur de Lozère via ferrata
Duration : ½ day
France, Massif Central, Occitania
Level : from beginner to confirmed
from 36 € / p. from 3 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
The via ferrata of "Mende Cœur de Lozère" is located not far from the town of Mende, on the causse of the same name. Come here to enjoy the Lozere landscapes by taking the height!
Between climbing and hiking, you will progress on vertiginous passages being secured on a cable and with the help of various elements of progression: bars, steps, cables, bridges, zip-line. Equipped with a harness, a helmet, a pulley and via ferrata lanyards, you will cross the obstacles to discover unique view.
The easy route is relatively horizontal and permits everyone to practice via ferrata and gain altitude. The difficult route is steeper for the more athletic and passes through the skylight, hole through which you will emerge in the middle of the cliff!
The via ferrata starts horizontally to gain height and reach a rocky cavity. It then splits into two routes of different difficulty. While the easy one follows a beam, the difficult one goes through a skylight and then a 6-meter vertical part which solicits strongly the arms. The two routes then join to cross, with a Nepalese bridge and a footbridge, to the base of a pillar of about thirty meters high. They separate again, easy horizontal crossing for one and difficult vertical section for the other, and meet one last time for the final 35-meter zip-line which is not mandatory (escape possible). A marked path finally leads to the start of the via and then to the parking lot.
Please come equipped: sneakers, small backpack, water, possibly gloves. And depending on the weather: rain jacket, sun cream, etc.
If you enjoy this experience, why not visit the other via ferrata in Lozere nearby:
- The via ferrata of Rochefort in Florac, extremely difficult and impressive.
- The via ferrata of the Tapoul gorges, adapted to families and taking place in a bucolic environment.
- The via ferrata of Roqueprins in La Canourgue, particularly vertiginous.
- The Malzieu-Ville via ferrata in the beautiful Truyère gorges.
- The appointment is set on the car park of the via ferrata, usually at 9am or 2pm.
- About 15 minutes of approach walking to reach the departure of the via ferrata.
- Duration of the course: 2 hours.
- 25 minutes of return walking to the car park.
- Total duration of the activity: about 3 hours.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Specific gear for via ferrata (harness, pulley, helmet and via ferrata lanyard with energy absorber) which is recent, regularly checked and compliant with the requirements of French and European standards.
Standard rate: 40€/person.
Discount rate (for groups of 4 people and more): 37€/person.
The price does not include
- Transport (contact me for special request).
- Picnic lunch and drinks.
- Civil liability and personal accident insurance for climbing and associated disciplines (if you are not already covered for these activities by your insurance, you can take out additional insurance with the FFME, FFCAM, etc.).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking