High altitude running course (Font-Romeu, Pyrénées)
from 318 € / p. from 3 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
This trail intership takes place near Font-Romeu in the Eastern French Pyrenees.
Its objective is to teach you how to run at high altitude, on peaks reaching nearly 3000 meters high, by managing your own pace and by breathing in hypoxia.
You will discover the highest summits of the Eastern Pyrenees, accompanied by two expert guides who will know how to give you precious advice. And of course, you will also enjoy the beautiful landscapes and environement of the Pyrénées !
- Small groups allowing personalized training.
- A guide specialized in his domain and accustomed to the competition environment.
- Theoretical and pedagogical courses.
- A labeled product (PNR, France Tourisme).
- Friendliness and fun guaranteed.
- Trail outing.
- Discovery of the ground.
- Adaptation to altitude.
- Calculation of an ascending MAS.
- Sports picnic.
- Technical coordination workshop.
- Use of hiking poles.
- Pedagogical courses.
- Longer trail outing with passages at more than 2500 meters of altitude.
- Sports picnic.
- Workshop management of the aerobic threshold at altitude.
- Recovery management.
- Adaptation of the supports on descent and ascent.
- Pedagogical course.
- Vertical trail at more than 2900 meters.
- Uphill running techniques.
- Work on resistance.
- Optimization of the stride according to the ground.
- How to pass rocks.
- Workshop: work on power and max ascent speed.
- Reinforcement of the downhill supports.
- Analysis of objectives and development of individual training plans on request.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Organization of the trail course.
- Trail coaching.
- Pedagogical courses and techniques.
- Civil liability insurance.
- Full board accommodation.
The price does not include
- Day 1 picnic (5€ per person).
- Drinks and energy supplements.
- Repatriation and cancellation insurance (16€).
- The rental of hiking poles (5€ per day).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Accommodation in several inns and lodges.
- Possibility for a companion to come to the hostels with full board (68€).
- To be confirmed