High altitude running course (Font-Romeu, Pyrenees)
Duration : 3 days
Level : from intermediate to advanced
from 219 € / p. from 3 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
This trail course which takes place near Font-Romeu in the French Eastern Pyrenees aims to teach you how to run at high altitude, on peaks culminating at nearly 3000 meters, by managing your rhythm and your breathing in hypoxia.
During these three days you will discover the highest peaks of the Eastern Pyrenees, accompanied by two expert trail guides who will give you precious advice. Of course you will also enjoy the magnificent landscapes of the Pyrenees!
The + of this course:
- Small groups allowing personalized training.
- A mountain leader specialized in his domain and accustomed to the competition environment.
- An alternation of theoretical and pedagogical courses.
- A labeled product (Regional Natural Park, France Tourisme).
- Friendliness and fun guaranteed.
- Trail outing.
- Discovery of the place.
- Adaptation to altitude.
- Calculation of an ascending MAS (Maximal Aerobic Speed).
- Sports picnic.
- Technical coordination workshop.
- Usage of hiking poles.
- Pedagogical courses.
- Longer trail outing with passages at more than 2500 meters of altitude.
- Sports picnic.
- Workshop management of the aerobic threshold in altitude.
- Relaunching management.
- Adaptation of the supports in descent and ascent.
- Pedagogical course.
- Vertical trail at more than 2900 meters of altitude.
- Uphill running techniques.
- Work on resistance.
- Optimization of the stride according to the ground.
- How to pass rocks.
- Workshop: work on power and maximum ascending speed.
- Reinforcement of the descent supports.
- Analysis of objectives and development of individual training plans on request.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Organization of the trail course.
- Trail coaching.
- Pedagogical courses and techniques.
- Civil liability insurance.
- Full board accommodation.
The price does not include
- Day 1 picnic (5€ per person).
- Drinks and energy supplements.
- Repatriation and cancellation insurance (15€).
- Rental of hiking poles (5€ per day).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Possible accommodation in several inns and lodges.
- Possibility for a companion to come to the hostels with full board (70€).
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking