Physical preparation course in Ariège (Pyrenees)
from 339 € / p. from 3 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
This 4-day intensive weekend in the high mountains of Ariège is perfect for preparing for a big race or for muscle building.
This internship taking place in the Pyrenees aims to push you to run many kilometres and big alitude differences in order to improve your endurance.
- Small groups allowing personalized training.
- A mountain leader specialized in this field and accustomed to the competitive environment .
- Theoretical and pedagogical courses.
- A certified product (PNR, France Tourisme).
- Friendliness and fun guaranteed.
D1: Espace trail of Aulus-les-bains - Saurat, 45 kilometers, 2500 meters of positive altitude difference.
- Crossing of Mount Cein (2088m) and crossing the port of Salex to go from the Couserans valley to the Vicdessos valley.
- Crossing the Col de Labrit at 1416m to go through the Sarat valley.
- Nutrition and physiology courses.
- Dinner and overnight in a cottage near Saurat.
D2 : Saurat - Montférier, 38 kilometers, 3160 meters of positive altitude difference.
- Crossing of the Albis port to reach the Tabes massif.
- Passing Mount Fourcat (2001m) to start a beautiful descent towards the small village of Montférier.
- Mental preparation.
- Dinner and overnight in a cottage in Montférier.
D3: Montférier - Appy, 40 kilometers, 2200 meters of positive altitude difference.
- More than one vertical kilometer to climb the peak of Saint-Barthélemy (2348m) with a breathtaking view of the Pog de Montségur.
- Descent towards the small hamlet of Appy.
- Racing strategy.
- Dinner and overnight in a cottage near Appy.
D4: Appy - Ax-les-Thermes, 42 kilometers, 2640 meters of positive altitude difference.
- Crossing a beech wood to reach a mountain plateau dominated by the rock of Scaramus.
- Meeting with the castles of Lordat and Montaillou which still retrace the epic of Catharism.
- End of course assessment and training plan.
- Recovery at the thermal baths.
- End of the training course around 4pm after a last friendly drink!
The price includes
- Supervision and sport coaching for mountain runnign by the mountain leader.
- Trail coaching.
- Pedagogical courses and techniques.
- Civil liability insurance.
- Guided visits.
- Relaxing day at the baths.
- Full board accommodation during the 4 days.
The price does not include
- Drinks and energy supplements.
- Repatriation and cancellation insurance.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking