Mountaineering in Bolivia: Chachacomani and Chearoco
from 869 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
I propose you to go for two impressive climbs at more than 6000 meters of altitude and on glaciers: the Chachacomani (6074m) and the Chearoco (6127m), both located in Bolivia in the Royal Cordillera.
This adventure will enchant mountaineers-travellers avid for wide open spaces and adventure!
If you want to climb other beautiful peaks of the Bolivian Andes, I also suggest the following ascents:
D1: Drive from La Paz to Peñas through the Bolivian Altiplano.
Acclimatization walk (4 hours, 300 meters of positive elevation) around Peñas to visit rock paintings of the Chiripa culture and colonial ruins.
We take advantage of the surrounding rocks to review roping and abseiling techniques.
D2: Peñas - Base Camp.
Starting from the isolated hamlet of Kinamarini, you travel through an neverending marshy valley populated by llamas to a small glacial lake (4630m) where we set up our base camp.
4 hours of walking.
D3: Ascent to the Advanced Base Camp.
You climb up moraines and scree slopes to our camp, located at 5150 meters on the right bank of the Chearoco glacier and on the left bank of the Chachacomani glacier.
3 hours of walking.
D4: Ascent of the Chachacomani (6074m).
You have to climb a vast glacier, starting in the middle of the night. The slopes are relatively gentle but you can feel the altitude. From the summit you can see the whole extent of the Royal Cordillera as well as Lake Titicaca and the Yungas jungle.
6 hours of ascent.
D5: Rest / reserve in case of unforeseen events / tanning.
D6 : Ascent of Chearoco (6127m).
Without being extreme, this ascent is a little more technical with some passages at 55° zigzagging between the crevasses. The view from the summit is even more magical than before yesterday.
7 hours of ascent.
D7: Back to La Paz, long downhill hike.
The price includes
- Supervision by the English-speaking mountain guide (1 guide / 2 persons).
- Private transport La Paz - Peñas - Kinamarini (round trip).
- The cook and complete food (breakfast, lunch and dinner), with drinking water at will.
- Tents and foam mattresses.
- Carriers and mules for carrying the bags.
- Collective equipment: rope, ice screws, crevasse rescue kit.
- Fees and other local charges.
- A small handcrafted souvenir.
- First aid kit, emergency oxygen, satellite phone...
|Number of participants||1||2 or 3||4 to 7||8 to 10|
|Price per person||1865€||1095€||924€||869€|
The price does not include
- Return flight to La Paz.
- Hotel in La Paz (but I'll be happy to help you book it).
- Sleeping bag and other individual mountaineering equipment (can be rented in La Paz at reasonable prices).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- In tent or in basic accommodation in the villages.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking