"Demoiselles du Castagnet" via ferrata (Puget Theniers)
from 50 € / p. from 4 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
I propose you here the top of the top in via ferrata!
In the heart of the Alpes-Maritimes department, the impressive and elegant via ferrata of the Demoiselles du Castagnet offers you a beautiful mid-mountain atmosphere, with an exceptional view on the Var valley, on the towns of Entrevaux and Puget-Théniers, as well as on the high peaks from the Vésubie to the high Verdon.
All along the course with a logical layout that goes up a large sloping limestone slab to finish on superb peaks, this via ferrata offers you height, playful obstacles and breathtaking zip lines, one of which is more than 400 meters long! Cable bridges, Nepalese bridges, walls climbing, vertiginous rocky peaks ascents with the help of metal bars, zip lines... everything is gathered to make you live an unforgettable half-day of adventure in the mountains! If it is not too physical, this via requires a bit of endurance because there are few rest points.
The route starts with a big diagonal ascent to the right on a steep slab 80 meters high, particularly smooth and offering little respite, but whose slightly sloping profile allows to relieve the arms. The next section, made of tree-lined ledges and several walls, leads to the 30-meter Himalayan bridge that crosses the Castagnet valley. It is without doubt the most impressive mandatory passage of the itinerary.
The bridge deposits you in the middle of a large pillar, very vertiginous and sustained, that you have to climb for about a hundred meters to reach the rocky ridge leading to the summit of the first peak (at 777 meters of altitude). A descent of about ten meters brings you to the start of the 35 meter cable bridge which is also very vertiginous to cross. A loophole is possible to reach directly the return trail. It is also from here that you can test the new large zip line of 470 meters for a maximum of sensations!
At the end of the bridge you have to climb to the top of the central peak (776 meters), the highlight of the course with an exceptional panoramic view. From the top, a few meters of descent leads to the starting platform of the 85 meter long zip line. For those who do not want to take the zip line, there is a second escape route to the finish clearing. The zip line leads directly to the last needle (760 meters) from which a short athletic descent leads to the return trail.
- Meeting point in Puget-Theniers, about an hour drive from Castellane and 1.5 hour from Nice.
- Distribution of the equipment and explanation of the safety instructions before accompanying you and helping you along this very vertiginous course and strewn with obstacles, each one more fun and impressive than the next!
- Approach walking of 15 minutes to reach the start of the via.
- Approximately 3 hours to complete the via ferrata.
- Return walking of 30 minutes to go back to the car park.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Technical equipment necessary for the practice of the activity: harness, helmet, pulley, via ferrata lanyard with energy absorber.
The price does not include
- Transport to the meeting place in Puget-Theniers.
- Drinks and snacks (bring a small backpack with a bottle of water and some snacks).
- Appropriate clothing and shoes.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking